Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you Introverted or Extroverted? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you Introverted or Extroverted?
    Introverted
    67.91%
    Neither Quiet nor Loud (in the middle)
    21.64%
    Extroverted
    10.45%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Indeed we do (Theres a new blog post up, dont know if youve seen it)
    Ah right ok then,
    Yeah me too! What type are you? Im an ISTP!
    Yeah, I've seen it and it was great as always
    I'm INFJ, and is seemingly the rarest of all

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I'm introverted usually but slightly extroverted when I'm with friends. Once I get to know people I'm quite extroverted around them.

For some reason, most people say to me that I'm such a quiet guy yet all my friends tell me that I talk way too much. So I get told off a lot by teachers for talking in class and they're always like "you're so quiet, why do you talk so much?"
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I'd say I'm introverted usually but slightly extroverted when I'm with friends. Once I get to know people I'm quite extroverted and comfortable around them. Usually I become more extroverted over time with a new friend.
    I don't think you know the differences between 'extraversion' and being 'sociable'. Intro/Extra is about where you source your energy from a) solitude or b) social activity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some of my mutual friends don't believe I'm introverted. I think this is because I've built up a safe space in some classes where I'm verrrry extroverted and outgoing. The ones who did eventually find out I'm actually socially crippled where those who witnessed 'the-time-where-we-went-to-another-school-on-a-weekly-basis-and-i-compared-us-to-gazelles-the-whole-bloody-time-while-hiding-behind-them-like-ze-coward-i-am'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pineapplefridge)
    Introverted

But alcohol makes me extroverted
    ^^This.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by bluebookie)
    Some of my mutual friends don't believe I'm introverted. I think this is because I've built up a safe space in some classes where I'm verrrry extroverted and outgoing. The ones who did eventually find out I'm actually socially crippled where those who witnessed 'the-time-where-we-went-to-another-school-on-a-weekly-basis-and-i-compared-us-to-gazelles-the-whole-bloody-time-while-hiding-behind-them-like-ze-coward-i-am'.
    Shyness =/= introversion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I don't think you know the differences between 'extraversion' and being 'sociable'. Intro/Extra is about where you source your energy from a) solitude or b) social activity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh... then I'd say I'm probably more introverted.

ReputationRep:
    does any of you feel like they are both?

I can never decide if i am an extrovert or introvert because there are sometimes when I like to keep to myself, i want piece, no one around.. and there are times when I'm the heart of the party..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Shyness =/= introversion

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It takes a lot of energy from me being with too many people, so I guess I thought I was introverted. I'm not very informed on this (really, all I have is an mbti result of infp to go on, which may or may not be true)

ReputationRep:
    Introverted. Introversion =/= quiet. It means gaining energy from one on one activities. An introvert is very capable of being an outgoing introvert.
    They just need more breaks to "charge".

ReputationRep:
    Introvert. The second choice doesn't really make any sense, as being an introvert or an extrovert does not mean you are a quiet or loud person respectively.

(Original post by SmileyVibe)
    Introverted. Introversion =/= quiet. It means gaining energy from one on one activities.
    Damn you beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    I'm an introvert who poses as an extrovert. I put myself into social situations a lot but they drain me so much mentally.

ReputationRep:
    I like my 'alone time' and prefer being in small groups but I'm not afraid to go to a party and get myself known to everyone etc. what am I? I have traits of both i think

ReputationRep:
    Both extro and intro at the right times

ReputationRep:
    Introverted

OK most of us will be introverts because we're all on forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dylantombides)
    I like my 'alone time' and prefer being in small groups but I'm not afraid to go to a party and get myself known to everyone etc. what am I? I have traits of both i think
    Ambivert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Hehe thanks. Tbh I feel like I fit in a bit more on here than irl and I actually have people I consider as friends.
    It really is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries!
    Same here tbh! There are lots of really nice people on here and everyone makes you feel welcome so it's a lot easier to fit in I've found!
    Indeed!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by HighwayUnicorn)
    I'm an introvert who poses as an extrovert. I put myself into social situations a lot but they drain me so much mentally.
    So just an introvert then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblewrap167)
    Yeah, I've seen it and it was great as always
    I'm INFJ, and is seemingly the rarest of all
    Nice one! Thanks!
    Ah ok then, what are some traits for that one?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.