Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Sounds difficult! I can hardly do some of the A* stuff in the current ones, so I have no idea how I'd do if I was doing the new GCSE. By the way, I'm getting very high solid Bs at the moment and I want to push them up to As within the next few weeks... Do you have any advice on how I could do this?
    My advice would always be to just do past papers on rotation ie

- make a list of all the past papers in, say, the last 5 years.
    Do a paper
    Mark it
    Record the score on your list

- go through all the papers on your list

- once you've done them all, redo the ones you scored lowest on

You should notice your scores improve quite significantly every few papers but it's really important to mark carefully using the mark schemes, you can learn so much from the mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Sounds difficult! I can hardly do some of the A* stuff in the current ones, so I have no idea how I'd do if I was doing the new GCSE. By the way, I'm getting very high solid Bs at the moment and I want to push them up to As within the next few weeks... Do you have any advice on how I could do this?
    Take a look at the calculator paper of the new type of gcse and tell me how hard you think it is.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Grade 9 Paper2.pdf (783.8 KB, 190 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    Take a look at the calculator paper of the new type of gcse and tell me how hard you think it is.
    Wow, the questions look difficult (at least for me anyway). Stratified Sampling on the first page, that's usually deep in the paper lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon07079191)
    My advice would always be to just do past papers on rotation ie

- make a list of all the past papers in, say, the last 5 years.
    Do a paper
    Mark it
    Record the score on your list

- go through all the papers on your list

- once you've done them all, redo the ones you scored lowest on

You should notice your scores improve quite significantly every few papers but it's really important to mark carefully using the mark schemes, you can learn so much from the mark schemes.
    Thanks so much for the advice. I'm gonna try my best to do as many past papers as possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabhani2000)
    im doing my gcse maths too
    i found this predicted paper i found it very helpful

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/resources.html
    Paper 2 predicted seems to be quite easy. I'm sure ours will be much harder than tha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabhani2000)
    im doing my gcse maths too
    i found this predicted paper i found it very helpful

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/resources.html

I dont understand the concept of these predicted papers??... are they reliable. can you explain it to me please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    Paper 2 predicted seems to be quite easy. I'm sure ours will be much harder than tha
    can you explain to me the concept of these predicted papers?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't work like that. Exam papers are written at least 2/3 years in advance. The 2016 paper would have been written years before the Hannah's Sweets Controversy. By the time of the complaints, the 2016 paper would have already been signed off so there was nothing that they could do about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.