Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People who don't watch anime are missing out Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to occasionally read manga, although, I was a child then, so the appeal was there then, but now looking at all that stuff seems too childish, and the "adult" ones are even weirder. Frankly, boring.

ReputationRep:
    agreed.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, irk these dirty, sociable peasants. don't share our secrets brother, let them lead a life without anime, let them suffer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    Some anime is pretty bad but when it is good it's addictive. I feel sorry for the people who refuse to watch it.

I just finished Erased, absolutely loved it

Watch ' My Hero Academia', New anime, absolutely epic.

ReputationRep:
    I just watch anime cuz its entertaining. I'm more of manga reader than a anime watcher. I watch American tv shows more than anime though.

ReputationRep:
    i think im doing pretty well in reality, its alright thanks for the offer but cheers!

Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Dance Moms, American Horror Story are top notch for me thanks but no thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anime is amazing. It's really helped me pull through some difficult times in my life when I felt lonely or felt like no one else understood where I was coming from. The characters made me feel like I wasn't alone as I found so many who I felt related to me. I'm glad to have found anime.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I would something miss out without watching animes. That is right. For another that seems not to be the truth. I know people who are not watching animes. Those people do not seem to miss out something in their life.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I can't say I feel like I've missed out on anything tbh!

ReputationRep:
    People aren't missing out on anything if they don't like the thing to begin with.

I personally like some, but I'm really fussy. I usually find it too quirky, or weird. I'm not a fan of the art style at all, but if the story is good and it's not over the top or cutesy, I can ignore that to enjoy the story.

I like Deathnote, Attack on Titan, Shingeki no Bahamut and that's all I've seen so far. Manga wise it doesn't differ apart from the addition of Oldboy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Most anime are ****. I've seen several anime which I've dropped or not even considered even with recommendations because they've got some pointless plot or its just stupid or boring.

ReputationRep:
    They're totally missing out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaronK)
    I don't think so. Life seems pretty OK without anime.
    Check out Code Geass or Mirai Nikki.

(Original post by AperfectBalance)
    What If I really dislike anime
    There's a few gems (I stopped ages ago though; not enough time in the day.)

(Original post by pjm600)
    Cartoons are for children.
    Check out Mirai Nikki? It's not perfect, but it's fun.

There's so many which aren't for children...

(Original post by AperfectBalance)
    It just seems to be very samey. with shallow plots and the same main charterer subtypes. mostly the plots seem to confuse a deep plot with a convoluted plot.

Go on suggest a "good" anime then
    Or Code Geass. (This has a far better plot.)

ReputationRep:
    I mean, it's a medium and as such has a wide range of good/average/terrible shows, just like live action does.

That said, saying you're missing out by not watching anime is like saying you're missing out by not watching TV, Radio, playing video games.

If your life is complete enough without it, I'm sure you'll survive.

Incidentally, I've yet to find anyone who's not loved Hunter X Hunter (2011 reboot).

ReputationRep:
    I used to like anime when I was ten. Because I was ten and I lacked better judgement.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.