Go big or go home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Vodka &

ReputationRep:
    try a belini, its raspberry/peach and sparkling wine mixed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    If it's your first time getting plastered, vodka redbull all the way. It tastes really nice - just like bubblegum - and when the caffeine wears off the alcohol hits you like a punch in the face
    I've just managed to rid myself of redbull & other cheaper energy drinks, so that one seems to be off the table,for now at least, but it sounds like a riot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Fruit cider, the red bulmers is lovely.
    Yeah fruit cider is seeming like the best idea, it sounds nice too. Just looked a few up and they look delicious :drool::drool:

ReputationRep:
    Try a Cider to start you out, but avoid the cheap stuff like Taurus et al unless you want to drink chlorine.

Rum is good too but that's like 40% usually

ReputationRep:
    kopperberg or any cider is nice

i've only ever had cider and larger in large quanitites, hate WKD / "girly" drinks

ReputationRep:
    Kopparberg or Rekorderlig, both fabulous. Bit fizzy for me nowadays.
    Wine is an acquired taste, but my preferred way of drinking now, alongside gin and tonic. Sweet rose (esp the one they do in Wetherspoons by Coldwater Creek) is really nice and fruity.
    Or any spirit with mixer - vodka and coke, rum and coke - or juice, fanta etc.

ReputationRep:
    Fruit ciders are a good call.

Rum and coke
    Pina Colada
    Mojito
    Bellini

ReputationRep:
    Henry Westons Vintage Cider. Seriously at like 8.2% and about £1.50 each it's cheap, tasty and gets you shot faced, literally everything you would want.

Be prepared to make it the only thing you ever drink though....
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    I mean I suppose, I want to at least try it or see if I do like it, so I can decide if I want to drink or not. Also, I don't see a bad think of drinking just to get drunk
    If you're interested in say looking at trying different beers and ales (most bars are aware that they do have newbies ) then you can always ask what would they recommend.

I also recommend ciders for the sweeter taste, but you may find that you want to go for something less fruity :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I would say a single shot of vodka mixed with any fruit juice you want (cranberry juice is really nice) or soft drink really.
    Don't go for unmixed shots, and be careful of the cheaper options.

ReputationRep:
    sprite and pretend its vodka
    Spoiler:
    Show
    jamacian rum, apparently its 100% alcohol so it should burn your internal organs just fine

ReputationRep:
    Erdinger

ReputationRep:
    Simple answer. Vodka and mixer. No messing about, it is what it is. It's the kindest for hangovers because it's a clear spirit. You also know how much alcohol you're drinking unlike cocktails, which you're less likely to keep track of. It's also one of the cheaper drinks.

I used to have it all the time when I first went clubbing. But it does get to that point where the smell of it makes you slightly nauseated.

Ahh I miss the first years of going out, everything was so new and novel... Care free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    If you're interested in say looking at trying different beers and ales (most bars are aware that they do have newbies ) then you can always ask what would they recommend.

I also recommend ciders for the sweeter taste, but you may find that you want to go for something less fruity :lol:

Cider is the cruelest when it comes to hangovers. I'd only ever drink ciders when I intended on just having a couple in the evening. If she's planning on a proper night it's guaranteed to cause suffering the next day!

ReputationRep:
    Amaretto and ****

ReputationRep:
    Henry Westons cider

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.