Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wearing make up at home - dad called me ugly watch

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore him

ReputationRep:
    Lol doesn't he realise it's because of him you look the way you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofswords)
    He said I look disgusting. Now I going to be a passive aggressive bi*ch and wear make up whenever he is around me.
    although, now that I think about it, I agree with your dad
    the way you've reacted is ugly and disgusting
    fine, he called you ugly or whatever, but then to behave like a five year old spoilt brat to go out of your way to aggravate your dad?
    nah, your dad is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacwanda28)
    although, now that I think about it, I agree with your dad
    the way you've reacted is ugly and disgusting
    fine, he called you ugly or whatever, but then to behave like a five year old spoilt brat to go out of your way to aggravate your dad?
    nah, your dad is right
    That's very harsh and judgemental of you. If a young woman's own father calls her ugly then she has every right to be angry and upset. Acting out is a completely understandable reaction. You've no idea her home life, so take your judgements elsewhere love.

Responding in a passive aggressive way is far from the worst response I can imagine.

I feel like calling your own daughter ugly is probably an attempt to control you OP. It's very difficult to look more ugly with make up. so if you don't apply it poorly then don't let it get to you.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt he meant literally, i bet he meant its because make up ruins your face and looks all fake and superficial, i.e. he had the problem with the make up itself not you

lol @ people saying its mean etc etc, not that deep

ReputationRep:
    He said I look disgusting. Now I going to be a passive aggressive bi*ch and wear make up whenever he is around me.
    Why would you care about what your dad thinks? His just jealous & mirin' u deep down. :drool:

What truly matters is how you feel deep down in the mirror. :yep:

Self confidence =

ReputationRep:
    OP, with or without makeup, i think you are absolutely beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Who are you impressing at your house?

Incest is unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    Good serves him right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1U1x1o)
    Who are you impressing at your house?

Incest is unhealthy.
    :lolwut: wtf?!? As if she just puts it on to walk around the house all day ...

Or do you suggest she puts it on just outside the front door (ready for the day) and then as she returns removes it, also outside the front door... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    :lolwut: wtf?!? As if she just puts it on to walk around the house all day ...

Or do you suggest she puts it on just outside the front door (ready for the day) and then as she returns removes it, also outside the front door... :rolleyes:
    The OP said she will wear it at home now because her father said that. Not that she won't take it off anymore.
    And this post is so cringy not even a question just an insecure girl who is throwing a tantrum on the STUDENT room.

ReputationRep:
    Your dad's got mad bants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RegrettingAS)
    The OP said she will wear it at home now because her father said that. Not that she won't take it off anymore.
    And this post is so cringy not even a question just an insecure girl who is throwing a tantrum on the STUDENT room.
    You're cringrey, lets have everyone call you ugly then come back and say it's alright for her dad to call her ugly.

stfu.

And what's 'the STUDENT room' about?

ReputationRep:
    #FishingForCompliments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrothyGash)
    #FishingForCompliments
    Haha so true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrothyGash)
    #FishingForCompliments
    Considering how the giving of a compliment is completely impossible given the lack of photo, I think that's absolutely absurd...

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.