The Student Room Group

Im scared i'll end up sleeping with my bf.

Scroll to see replies

Why you book hotel in first place if you don't have confidence in yourself
Original post by Anonymous
why poor guy

Because whether stemming from religious or cultural backgrounds, the reasons behind having to remain a virgin until marrriage is antiquated. Often the idea behind it is to preserve a preposterous notion of "purity" - I'm assuming you've kissed amongst other things, how is that arguably any different?
Also, let's assume the relationship somehow still exists till marriage - what if are you not sexually content afterwards? Or that the relationship seriously degrades and you become incredibly miserable? By your logic you will have to remain with him, since you won't be able to remarry someone else.
Not to mention that despite what your bf says, he will still be very unsatisfied on a sexual level until marriage.
Just food for thought :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
so am still a virgin at 19 and i really love my boyfriend. he understands that i want to save it till marriage but when im around him i feel like i cant control myself. i want to have sex with him but i wont as im saving it. Im worried we'll end up doing it esp as hes booked a hotel for us.

somebody help. he says hell make sure we wont but im worried we still will.

You have no rational reason for waiting
Original post by CharlieH1992
Because most young guys think with their dick lol :redface:

Spoiler

I'll have you know that i'm one of the few young guys who thinks with their brain.
Don't stay in a hotel together - it's a recipe for disaster. Surely it would be better not to sleep in the same room as each other?
Reply 25
its a personal thing

But why?
Original post by Josb
But why?

Tbh I don't know why I even answered, it's the kind of people who'll never change their mind or be cruelly disillusioned down the road aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Metrododo
Because whether stemming from religious or cultural backgrounds, the reasons behind having to remain a virgin until marrriage is antiquated. Often the idea behind it is to preserve a preposterous notion of "purity" - I'm assuming you've kissed amongst other things, how is that arguably any different?
Also, let's assume the relationship somehow still exists till marriage - what if are you not sexually content afterwards? Or that the relationship seriously degrades and you become incredibly miserable? By your logic you will have to remain with him, since you won't be able to remarry someone else.
Not to mention that despite what your bf says, he will still be very unsatisfied on a sexual level until marriage.
Just food for thought :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can remain a virgin till marriage for other reasons though...
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
You can remain a virgin till marriage for other reasons though...

Assuming they actually would prefer not to abstain from sex altogether, what else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
i feel sorry for the guy
Original post by thefatone
I'll have you know that i'm one of the few young guys who thinks with their brain.

Congrats, I did say not all.. :redface:
Reply 31
Tbh I don't know why I even answered, it's the kind of people who'll never change their mind or be cruelly disillusioned down the road aha

OP is "scarred" to sleep with her boyfriend. I mean, seriously...

She wants it, but some imaginary chains is preventing her from enjoying the best thing in life. This is just twisted.
Assuming they actually would prefer not to abstain from sex altogether, what else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

-Wanting to do it only with one person
-perhaps someone gets a bit too emotionally attached during sex so they would rather wait so that they don't suffer the heart break...
-Insecurities so they want to wait
-The feeling of security in marriage
- Wanting to truly be in love and not have sex confuse things.
-Always a risk of pregnancy
-Simply just liking their virginity.

Idk :dontknow: (used the cosmopolitan not come up with some of those).
Reply 33
Original post by ivy.98
i feel sorry for the guy

Hopefully he can get bjs.
Original post by CharlieH1992
Congrats, I did say not all.. :redface:

but my brain's not very good :cry:
Original post by Josb
OP is "scarred" to sleep with her boyfriend. I mean, seriously...

She wants it, but some imaginary chains is preventing her from enjoying the best thing in life. This is just twisted.

Lol really? "The best thing in life" ? I think there may be better things in life! :redface:

:laugh:
Reply 36
Lol really? "The best thing in life" ? I think there may be better things in life! :redface:

:laugh:

There is nothing better than sex. :hand:
Original post by Josb
There is nothing better than sex. :hand:

Food is better!

(edited 7 years ago)
-Wanting to do it only with one person
-perhaps someone gets a bit too emotionally attached during sex so they would rather wait so that they don't suffer the heart break...
-Insecurities so they want to wait
-The feeling of security in marriage
- Wanting to truly be in love and not have sex confuse things.
-Always a risk of pregnancy
-Simply just liking their virginity.

Idk :dontknow: (used the cosmopolitan not come up with some of those).

Yes but you do realise those ideals very rarely occur in reality? As mentioned above, you can have the perfect "relationship" without sex, get married and consume the marriage, and later down the road realise it's not what what you expected and the guy isn't "perfect" after all - worse the guy himself might leave on his own accord.
Not condoning promiscuity but meanwhile, a healthier relationship could have existed and being confortable with each other on all levels that wouldn't have made marriage and what comes with it as much a leap in the dark.

Also this is coming from a guy who lost it with his first gf and had a long relationship (2 years), and whilst the relationship seemed perfect till the last month it still broke down :smile: just words of caution for the OP
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thefatone
but my brain's not very good :cry:

At least you use it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending