Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What type of "friend-zone" is this? watch

(Original post by asif007)
    Man, I would be really ****** off if a girl said that to me. She is stringing you along, playing with your emotions and basically just being a stuck-up *****. If she's openly admitted to you that she reciprocates your feelings, she's just looking for excuses not to start a relationship with you. You say you're sexually compatible too, which makes me think she's just manipulating you. Sorry to say it but you're so far into the friend-zone that she has convinced herself not to go out with you. Cut her loose and tell the ***** to get lost, otherwise you will get hurt. Not because of being in a relationship with her, but because she would be so frustrating to get along with.
    I spoke to my friends who are on the same course as her, and they told me that the last week (the week in which things went badly between us) was THE most stressful week that they have in their entire course. Everyone was pulling all-nighters. Coupled with the fact that things were fine between us before the exam season started, I'm thinking that this may be stress-related.

They basically said to me "If she wasn't into you at all she wouldn't have waited 2 months to say anything, and definitely wouldn't have been sexual with you only a couple of weeks back". I'm going with it being mainly down to exam stress, but I'm staying on course with the whole "question" thing after the exam season.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you got a type 4 friendzone right there.

(Original post by ripjonsnow)
    Looks like you got a type 4 friendzone right there.
    LOL.

Have you been watching GoT recently, by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    LOL.

Have you been watching GoT recently, by any chance?
    Aye mi lord.

Cant wait until Jon beheads Alliser and Olly.

As for your situation, I apologies but I dont think she is interested :/ We;ve all been there bro.

(Original post by ripjonsnow)
    Aye mi lord.

Cant wait until Jon beheads Alliser and Olly.

As for your situation, I apologies but I dont think she is interested :/ We;ve all been there bro.
    This is not a first time thing for me. I've seen things go this way before so I'm not exactly "but I'll never meet anyone like her again!", but I don't want to give up just yet, especially given the ambiguity of my position.

But yeah, behead that little ****. Alliser will show no fear, unlike Janos Slynt. That kid will cry like biatch.

Being 100% real what she is basically saying is she cannot commit right now. In other words either she wants to stay single for a bit because she enjoys the space and not having to report her life to another person everyday or more likely in my opinion she wants to stay single for a bit to see what's out there (i.e. she wants to sleep around a little). I've been here before and I know for a fact that many girls like to sleep around a bit after a serious relationship breaks down. Move on find other girls, keep it on with her still though until you commit to another person.

Being 100% real what she is basically saying is she cannot commit right now. In other words either she wants to stay single for a bit because she enjoys the space and not having to report her life to another person everyday or more likely in my opinion she wants to stay single for a bit to see what's out there (i.e. she wants to sleep around a little). I've been here before and I know for a fact that many girls like to sleep around a bit after a serious relationship breaks down. Move on find other girls, keep it on with her still though until you commit to another person.
    Ahh. So I've basically most likely hit her on the rebound. Fair enough. And it does sound more like a "I cannot commit to you" thing than anything else. Plus, she did actually say that she'd prefer to be single right now.

I'm just going to let things pan out, not push anything either way, but I do still think that I should ask her about his directly close to the end of the term in order to know things for certain.

ReputationRep:
    The 'backup boyfriend' type of friendzone (one of the better varieties, in fact, particularly if you can coach yourself out of being quite so beta)

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    The 'backup boyfriend' type of friendzone (one of the better varieties, in fact, particularly if you can coach yourself out of being quite so beta)
    Been on a bit of a "value oneself" vibe at the moment, and I've always noticed that the best things for me happen if I stop looking externally for validation. Infatuation always has me a bit silly for a bit, then I straighten up.

And do you mean better in the way that there is more chance of escaping it, or that it is simply more comfortable being in it?

ReputationRep:
    I've always noticed that the best things for me happen if I stop looking externally for validation
    Good stuff. You may find this post of mine helpful

do you mean better in the way that there is more chance of escaping it, or that it is simply more comfortable being in it?
    Both. 'Friends with benefits' is always better than other types of friendzoning, so long as you have your **** together emotionally, and any ambiguity in her psyche hints at a degree of affinity, outside of the platonic frame :borat:

ReputationRep:
    You have potential. But she needs time to think about it and to register it in her mind.. like you said shes been in a messy break up. She will give you a go.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.