Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Uni students, how many hours a day do you revise? Watch

ReputationRep:
    4 and a half minutes per century

ReputationRep:
    Well so far, with my first exam in 19 days, and most then bunched over a two week period, barely any aggregate. Seriously like an hour. I have no motivation.

ReputationRep:
    When do you guys start your revision for uni? Im still in my first semester and havent really started properly going over my stuff...can barley give case names for my modules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notyourfriend1)
    When do you guys start your revision for uni? Im still in my first semester and havent really started properly going over my stuff...can barley give case names for my modules
    I'm at the end of my first semester of second year and I haven't done an ounce of revision or notes. I'll probably start after Christmas

ReputationRep:
    On a really good day (that is, when I wake up early and have no lectures or seminars or house chores to do), I can put in 12 hours. Generally, though, I just manage to do about 4-8 hours a day. I got a first last year doing that, and I'm doing okay this year as well. So your 6-8 hours is probably plenty. You don't want to push yourself too hard, remember. Your well-being is just as important as your studying; in fact, the former is essential for the latter. Those people at the library putting in serious time may look good, but you don't know the full story. They could be running on two hours sleep, twelve cups of coffee, and pure panic. Who knows if anything they're studying is even going into their head, never mind staying there? That's why recreation and relaxation are just as important as revision. Make sure you take time to take care of yourself. Lay back with a warm mug of something sweet and a good book; settle down with some cheeky snacks and a great movie; go out with friends for a couple of drinks; visit the gym; take a long, hot bath; do whatever it is you need to do to put yourself in a sound state of mind, body, and soul. Because let's face it: you could put in 12 hours of studying, but it'll amount to nothing if you're too tired and hungry and upset and generally unfulfilled to take in anything you're studying. Work out a balance. It's about quality, not quantity. Don't study hard, study smart. I'd say 6-8 hours is good enough, because then you still have time in the day to kick back and have fun. Do what feels right for you. If you feel like you could go for more than 8 hours, then that's great, good for you, nothing stopping you! But don't force yourself. And don't feel lacklustre for doing less than your peers. Everyone's different, and what's right for them isn't necessarily what's right for you. So just do the best you can do, and good luck with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    It's exam season and I'm doing about 10 hours in the library daily with about maybe 6-8 hours being revision. I'm a little anxious as i got there after and left before some people who were putting in serious time. Should i be worried?
    That's mad! You need to take a break instead of "studying" non-stop. Otherwise, you can't memorise what have been studied.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Year old thread guys, better to start a new one for discussion rather than bumping

As for actual revision, I'm doing very little now. Only have one exam in 2 weeks. It's worth 30% of my final grade and should be a doddle. Will revise for it while doing the associate coursework that is worth 70%. But right now the assignment take priority

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.