Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    Lol'd, this is real snobbery OP ^

depends, what are your other subjects, and what degree do you want to do?

yeah that's crap as well, writing essays isn't difficult
    i'm going to do history, geography, gov + politics and maths. either dropping maths or gov + politics, and i'll be looking to do non-stem degree because stem is not for me.

and writing essays are so difficult to stem students (atleast in my school), they struggle on how to start it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by DrownedDeity)
    x
    STEM is not everything. Try doing an essay based subject and then get back to me, okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    STEM is not everything. Try doing an essay based subject and then get back to me, okay?
    Lol

I studied essay based subjects as well...For nothing more than fun relaxation after hours of rigorous Maths.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lol

I studied essay based subjects as well...For nothing more than fun relaxation after hours of rigorous Maths.
    you make me laugh, maths is not rigorous after 5 past papers - im not just talking about gcse maths btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    you make me laugh, maths is not rigorous after 5 past papers - im not just talking about gcse maths btw
    LMAO

http://www.cut-the-knot.org/proofs/

Run through these proofs please, then get back to me.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Lol

STEM is not everything. We all like different things and every degree is valuable regardless of what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Zacken ur STEP is not rigorous. Neither is IA of the Tripos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    STEM is not everything. We all like different things and every degree is valuable regardless of what it is.
    Propaganda, simply wrong.

You'd see what I meant if you attempted some Math proofs.

ReputationRep:
    STEM snobbery is bad, but so is your non-STEM snobbery. Don't diss another subject just because you're bad at it, just like you wouldn't like someone else to diss your non-STEM subject.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Zacken)
    STEM snobbery is bad, but so is your non-STEM snobbery. Don't diss another subject just because you're bad at it, just like you wouldn't like someone else to diss your non-STEM subject.
    true. they triggered me sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zacken)
    stem snobbery is bad, but so is your non-stem snobbery. Don't diss another subject just because you're bad at it, just like you wouldn't like someone else to diss your non-stem subject.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    true. they triggered me sorry
    Yeah, fair enough. I'm as STEM as it gets but I dislike it when people go all elitist about them. The arts and humanities are friggin' awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Yeah, fair enough. I'm as STEM as it gets but I dislike it when people go all elitist about them. The arts and humanities are friggin' awesome.
    I salute anyone who can survive a history degree
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by harinimnida)
    I salute anyone who can survive a history degree
    did you do it? i love history!

ReputationRep:
    I am familiar with this STEM snobbery a lot. STEM students only display their subjects as better as they usually have no creative talent or essay skills, and are only able to learn facts given in front of them (soz for being truthful lmao).

The people who like STEM subjects and arty based subjects never seem to bash non-science lessons however, and agree that both are needed for the world to revolve.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Propaganda, simply wrong.

You'd see what I meant if you attempted some Math proofs.
    I do not want to.

ReputationRep:
    did you do it? i love history!
    No I only took history to A Level, I was so interested by the subject but I was so bad with exam technique that I started to hate it towards the end because I couldn't get decent grades 😞

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry but I just cant treat PE at A-Level as the same as say Physics or Further Maths, and neither will most universities if not all.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I don't think you should take the snobbery of your STEM-studying friends so seriously.

They probably feel that since science helps us have a better understand of reality then spending time thinking about things which aren't real is probably less valuable.

At University, I know that some of my STEM-studying friends are jealous of arts and humanities students who have at most one lecture a day. They are able to get by by skimming their reading list and so end up with a lot of free time in comparison to the long days of people who study different subjects.

ReputationRep:
    true. my friend who's a facilitating subject freak sent me this when i told them i want to do Gov and politics. Attachment 527807

lol i didnt know people can be so worked up on what others take.
    You're so lucky that you can do A Level Gov&Pol, I wish I could but my school doesn't offer it It would fit so well with my other options as well.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.