ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by StrangeBanana)
Lol'd, this is real snobbery OP ^

depends, what are your other subjects, and what degree do you want to do?

yeah that's crap as well, writing essays isn't difficult
i'm going to do history, geography, gov + politics and maths. either dropping maths or gov + politics, and i'll be looking to do non-stem degree because stem is not for me.

and writing essays are so difficult to stem students (atleast in my school), they struggle on how to start it.
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DrownedDeity)
x
STEM is not everything. Try doing an essay based subject and then get back to me, okay?
DrownedDeity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rhythmical)
STEM is not everything. Try doing an essay based subject and then get back to me, okay?
Lol

I studied essay based subjects as well...For nothing more than fun relaxation after hours of rigorous Maths.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Lol

I studied essay based subjects as well...For nothing more than fun relaxation after hours of rigorous Maths.
you make me laugh, maths is not rigorous after 5 past papers - im not just talking about gcse maths btw
DrownedDeity
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
you make me laugh, maths is not rigorous after 5 past papers - im not just talking about gcse maths btw
LMAO

http://www.cut-the-knot.org/proofs/

Run through these proofs please, then get back to me.
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol

STEM is not everything. We all like different things and every degree is valuable regardless of what it is.
Student403
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Zacken ur STEP is not rigorous. Neither is IA of the Tripos
DrownedDeity
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rhythmical)
STEM is not everything. We all like different things and every degree is valuable regardless of what it is.
Propaganda, simply wrong.

You'd see what I meant if you attempted some Math proofs.
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
STEM snobbery is bad, but so is your non-STEM snobbery. Don't diss another subject just because you're bad at it, just like you wouldn't like someone else to diss your non-STEM subject.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zacken)
STEM snobbery is bad, but so is your non-STEM snobbery. Don't diss another subject just because you're bad at it, just like you wouldn't like someone else to diss your non-STEM subject.
true. they triggered me sorry
Student403
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zacken)
stem snobbery is bad, but so is your non-stem snobbery. Don't diss another subject just because you're bad at it, just like you wouldn't like someone else to diss your non-stem subject.
thank you
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
true. they triggered me sorry
Yeah, fair enough. I'm as STEM as it gets but I dislike it when people go all elitist about them. The arts and humanities are friggin' awesome.
udsjufhbsg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zacken)
Yeah, fair enough. I'm as STEM as it gets but I dislike it when people go all elitist about them. The arts and humanities are friggin' awesome.
I salute anyone who can survive a history degree
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by harinimnida)
I salute anyone who can survive a history degree
did you do it? i love history!
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am familiar with this STEM snobbery a lot. STEM students only display their subjects as better as they usually have no creative talent or essay skills, and are only able to learn facts given in front of them (soz for being truthful lmao).

The people who like STEM subjects and arty based subjects never seem to bash non-science lessons however, and agree that both are needed for the world to revolve.
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Propaganda, simply wrong.

You'd see what I meant if you attempted some Math proofs.
I do not want to.
udsjufhbsg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
did you do it? i love history!
No I only took history to A Level, I was so interested by the subject but I was so bad with exam technique that I started to hate it towards the end because I couldn't get decent grades 😞
Bernie2016
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Im sorry but I just cant treat PE at A-Level as the same as say Physics or Further Maths, and neither will most universities if not all.
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think you should take the snobbery of your STEM-studying friends so seriously.

They probably feel that since science helps us have a better understand of reality then spending time thinking about things which aren't real is probably less valuable.

At University, I know that some of my STEM-studying friends are jealous of arts and humanities students who have at most one lecture a day. They are able to get by by skimming their reading list and so end up with a lot of free time in comparison to the long days of people who study different subjects.
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
true. my friend who's a facilitating subject freak sent me this when i told them i want to do Gov and politics. Attachment 527807

lol i didnt know people can be so worked up on what others take.
You're so lucky that you can do A Level Gov&Pol, I wish I could but my school doesn't offer it It would fit so well with my other options as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (119)
19.8%
Labour (303)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.14%
Green Party (30)
4.99%
Brexit Party (7)
1.16%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.16%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)
0.5%
UKIP (8)
1.33%
Other (4)
0.67%
None (23)
3.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise