Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How is everyone's A level Edexcel Maths preparation going? watch

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    ah, that was where I lost the mark on that test, I didn't relate the poisson dist. back to the question. I'll have to remember to do that. And about the spoiler bit; yeah sure .
    Ah, I see no worries, we've all made that mistake. S2'll probably go to your FM grade (depending on how you do in all the applied units at the end) and it's a good unit for UMS (compared to something like FP2) so just make sure you don't have any regrets at the end of it

thanks, bit weird I know. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    You and me need to pull the gear mode to high...
    We certainly do but a lot can be achieved in short time if we really go for it

ReputationRep:
    Haven't done anything, will definitely get 100% with my eyes closed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM;[url="tel:64562489")
    64562489[/url]]I did okay funnily enough, there were worse modules :bawling: it was very stressful overall and I wanted to quit in the first year but here I am, reaching the end of the second year and not really studying for exams :rofl:.
    I am honestly scared for Uni. Like obv the exams there will be a lot harder than A levels and I will need to do something about this "omg-lets-be-lazy-before-exams" ritual of mine in order to get good grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    I'm doing C3, C4 and S2. C3 is okay, vectors in C4 has to be the most annoying topic, S2 is relatively easy but because my teacher is rubbish, I've had to teach the module to myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you use examsolutions by any chance? Just wondering.
    Honesty if I get full raw marks,all the credit would go to Stuart Sidders😂

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing maths and further maths (both at AS):
    C1, C2: feeling very confident with the material, just need to make sure everything goes to plan in the exam
    C3, M1, S1: quite confident, just need to do some more past papers and go over some of the harder topics
    S2, M2: really struggling, can't understand a thing on M2 but on S2 I'm improving a bit. I need to sort my M2 game out before the exam
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Noara)
    I am honestly scared for Uni. Like obv the exams there will be a lot harder than A levels and I will need to do something about this "omg-lets-be-lazy-before-exams" ritual of mine in order to get good grades
    To tell you the truth, I was too, and in my first year I felt at times that it was too difficult and that I'd be hopeless at exams but the secret is to just keep on top of it all - do the homework set, extra reading if necessary and comb over the lecture notes, but also have fun, you know. Do whatever you want to do with that extra independence. :borat: The first year, unless you want to do a placement year or your first year actually counts, is just there to get used to uni, the difficulty, the quality of study required etc. If you fail then that's trouble but otherwise.. it's all about settling in and getting the best grade you can. The jump is just like from GCSE to A-level, and don't worry - should you struggle, you won't be the only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music With Rocks;[url="tel:64565041")
    64565041[/url]]We certainly do but a lot can be achieved in short time if we really go for it
    Ikr? It's totally possible. I can still get full raw marks and you can still get A*. BIAM BAM BOOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Haven't done anything, will definitely get 100% with my eyes closed.
    Haven't done anything, will definitely get world ranking with my arms crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Did you use examsolutions by any chance? Just wondering.
    Honesty if I get full raw marks,all the credit would go to Stuart Sidders😂
    Yep, he's a god send :yep: I use him for the actual exam solutions, and a combination of him, hegartymaths and the textbook for teaching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Haven't done anything, will definitely get world ranking with my arms crossed.
    Haven't done anything, will definitely get the highest score in history while break dancing in the middle of the exam hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Vectors honestly remind me on hell on this planet.
    I'm trying really hard these days to not procrastinate but I'm not doing well
    But vectors are bae :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    ___

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    But vectors are bae :cry2:
    :five:

How's M3 looking for ya m8? Exam's in 2 weeks. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)

I won't lie and say I'm not terrified :laugh: I'm revising to the best of my ability so fingers crossed

I have physics in exactly a week :eek :

ReputationRep:
    Good but I'm sick of D1 and M2. I'm beginning to get more confident in FP3 which is pretty solid anyway.

I'm doing A2 maths and further maths.

C3: A* in most recent assessment.
    C4: A* in most recent assessment.
    D1: Not done a full assessment yet.
    FP2: A* in most recent assessment.
    FP3: Not got results back yet. Confident though.
    M2: Not done a full assessment yet.

ReputationRep:
    I have prepared a good amount for all of them... and yet feel like a great storm is coming. Like every exam will be extremely hard. Anyone else get that feeling sometimes? Not to mention M3 being so early for some god damn reason D:<

ReputationRep:
    ready for C3 C4 M2 M3, not ready for FP2 and FP3 yet but I've done virtually all of the exercises in Edexcel and a lot of FP2 papers, will focus more once M3 is out the way
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've been revising the most for Maths, so hopefully it'll go well (aka get at least an A). :lol:

(Original post by Ayman!)

M3 is a really nice module. I had to use a lot from M3 to do some slightly tougher mechanics questions.

Best of luck with that mate.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    smash it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.