Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdullah IGCSE)
    friend did it said it was a joke i dont take bio
    Just hope Paper 2 goes well.

ReputationRep:
    i got 2016 for the 10 billion one....
    cus it was 1.14 increase every year. the population was 7.23 billion in 2014 right? so i did log 7.23/10 divided by log 1.14 which gave me 2.475 years plus 2014 so i just wrote 2016.... is it right?

for the interior angle one i got 45 i think but im not sure it its correct

i hope paper 4 is easier....

ReputationRep:
    it was very hard paper 2
    i did over 21+ past papers and scored A in them but this paper was just outrageous.

I barely had time and rushed the inequalties shading and wrote the x and y tables in pencil

ReputationRep:
    is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gman2222)
    is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?
    Where do you find unofficial mark schemes for other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    it was very hard paper 2
    i did over 21+ past papers and scored A in them but this paper was just outrageous.

I barely had time and rushed the inequalties shading and wrote the x and y tables in pencil
    How many subjects are you taking this year? 21 past papers is hell of a revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndk123)
    cus it was 1.14 increase every year. the population was 7.23 billion in 2014 right? so i did log 7.23/10 divided by log 1.14 which gave me 2.475 years plus 2014 so i just wrote 2016.... is it right?

Log function in the calculator is outside of the syllabus for 0580 and the answer you got does not seem realistic :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 15demon)
    How many subjects are you taking this year? 21 past papers is hell of a revision.
    12 papers from paper 2 and 10 from paper 4

ReputationRep:
    Log function in the calculator is outside of the syllabus for 0580 and the answer you got does not seem realistic :/
    I too used the log function to get the answer 2044. You're right logarithms aren't in the 0580 specifications. Couldn't even think of any other solution though.

ReputationRep:
    demon the 2012 paper 22 grade threshhold was 48/70 for an A and it was much easier then this one imagine the grade threshold here

here is a link to 2012 paper 22:http://pastpapers.papacambridge.com/..._s12_qp_22.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I too used the log function to get the answer 2044. You're right logarithms aren't in the 0580 specifications. Couldn't even think of any other solution though.
    use the compound interest formula

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikhil99)
    use the compound interest formula
    Do you remember what the mode value was from the question about finding 4 numbers given mean, median and mode?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do the vectors question properly? i think i screwed it up

ReputationRep:
    Atleast I hope you got the quadrilateral correct. I can't believe I never thought of a parallelogram. .-.

Most people I know agree the answer to be 2043.

The expected way was apparently to use the compound interest formula. I devised my own formula and got 2043, but the devised formula was the same as the CI formulae in the end.

(Original post by ndk123)

Well, 45 is defo correct. And I wouldn't bet on paper 4 being easier. Paper 4 is the hard paper, so better start practicing now 3:

i did something like 68,77,77,78
    Close. I got 68,76,78,78

78 was the mode in your variant, wasn't it?

Either way, you're not the only one. I would do past papers so effortlessly and I was finding my self at odds with the paper. Weirdly though, I found the first 5 pages the most challenging as compared to the last 6 which were a piece of cake. I always assumed it'd be the other way round. On the bright side, we might have a low threshold DD

ReputationRep:
    Do you remember what the mode value was from the question about finding 4 numbers given mean, median and mode?
    i remember the mean was 75 but dont remember the rest

ReputationRep:
    was the determinant -7?
    yes! i got the same

ReputationRep:
    Mean: 75
    Mode: 78
    Median: 77

yay i remember

ReputationRep:
    find the nth term of:
    1,3,9,27,81 .......
    3^n+1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loisclark9999)
    3^n+1
    Wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    did you know the interior angle polygon question and the second nth term question?
    If i remember, the answer to that is 45

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.