The Student Room Group

Check Your Privilege Quiz. XD

Scroll to see replies

64. Quite privileged. Although some of these only applied to people out of university.
Reply 21
I answered honestly and despite being a White cis male I scored 23 and I am under privileged.

I'm now going to earn some victim bucks
but then and again a lot of them arent applicable since im 16 and still in high school 👀
Original post by Trapz99
This is a joke, right? (Like all the other buzzfeed quizzes) Or is it actually what liberals think is privilege? Because it's not a "privilege" to not be a victim of these things. I would not say that I am privileged for not having experienced racial or sexist or LGBT discrimination since this doesn't affect most people anyway- so are we all privileged?

It's wrong to try and guilt a majority of people by suggesting that they are privileged and out of touch just because a minority of people have experienced hardships or discrimination.

I got 74 btw

I mean it did say 'privelege isn't a bad thing', so you're extracting the guilt tripping via assumptions.. Privileges are what seem 'normal' to people with privileges and what people without privilege wish was the norm for them. In a sense, it's like there's a norm standard of living for some but then there's a lowered standard of living (not necessarily financial, it could be social) for others.

Whilst I do think the whole 'check your privilege' thing is overblown, it does help to at least think about it. Would you not say you're priveleged being in the UK vs a kid with a broken skull because of a bomb attack in Syria? That kind of thing..

(I'm just a lowly social liberal/economic conservative, sue me)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24

What..? I'm a Pakistani Muslim Teenager in the UAE living a comfortable middle class life at a quite expensive school (my parents' adjective).

I'm so goddamn priviledged. Maybe I was pulled down because I wasn't white or because I left the university related questions unanswered.
31/100
"You live with 49 out of 100 points of privilege."

This is very, very inaccurate now though. :dontknow: Maybe because I am female and not white or someth :dontknow: I know that I am VERY privileged.

Quick Reply

Latest