Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a Muslim guy and I had a relationship with an Atheist girl. AMA. watch

Announcements

(Original post by Anonymous)
    How religious are you? Eg. do you drink? Pray?
    I pray 5 times a day as much as possible. I'm fairly religious, but the heart wants what the heart wants :/ I don't drink though the girl I was in a relationship with obviously did

ReputationRep:
    How did your religion not bother her?

I mean I couldn't do it personally

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Mashallah brother, convert those evil atheists slowly but surely.
    That wasn't the intention buddy. Sure I'd have preferred if she was Muslim but I was perfectly fine with her being atheist at the time. And no I don't think she was evil. I don't think anyone is truly evil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaminiZindagi)
    yes u can have pre marital relationship in the uk
    I was referring to the "live how you want to live" quote (or something like that).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    I was referring to the "live how you want to live" quote (or something like that).
    oh no.
    i did not mean that.

(Original post by fatima1998)
    don't you think its haram.... Astaghfirullah bro :noway:
    Haha, of course I did, I just wasn't concerned about the consequences at the time. I was too "whipped" per say.

(Original post by Eternalflames)
    How did your religion not bother her?

I mean I couldn't do it personally
    Because why should my religion bother her? She was atheist and I didn't bring up Islam with her much. When she did bring up Islam, she brought it up in a positive light.

ReputationRep:
    What is your point?
    Are you saying that Sharia should never be implemented?

Dont say it is your life and do whatever you want but then say that you can not be Muslim if you dont believe in the Sharia
    ????
    I didn't say that. He can live his life anyway he wants to, it's called free will. I'm not invalidating any of my previous statements by saying that he has free will.

If Islam is not for you, it's not for you. Simple

(Original post by Kyou)
    Is there any country fully operating under Sharia Law today?
    And pleaae don't say Saudi Arabia.
    No there definitely is not. True Sharia is non-existent as a law in the current world.

ReputationRep:
    Do u have to bring an argument into every thread?
    Because people act so dodgy about this topic. On one side they are contantly saying " freedom" and "equality" and on the other side they support Sharia

I am so confused what Muslims actually believe.?? I srs wanna know !

Kyou says " it is your life.." but then called muslim secularist a non muslim

Confused?

(Original post by Kyou)
    ????
    I didn't say that. He can live his life anyway he wants to, it's called free will. I'm not invalidating any of my previous statements by saying that he has free will.

If Islam is not for you, it's not for you. Simple
    Thank you. I do have free will and I intend to live my life how I want. And if I want to live it according to Islam, that's by my free will

ReputationRep:
    was she an atheist or a militant atheeeeeeest???

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I do have free will and I intend to live my life how I want. And if I want to live it according to Islam, that's by my free will
    Quick Q

If a non muslim wants tolive his free will in a muslim country.would you allow it?

ReputationRep:
    Because people act so dodgy about this topic. On one side they are contantly saying " freedom" and "equality" and on the other side they support Sharia

I am so confused what Muslims actually believe.?? I srs wanna know !

Kyou says " it is your life.." but then called muslim secularist a non muslim

Confused?
    I thought someone already explained Sharia to you on your Muslims and homosexuals thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    I thought someone already explained Sharia to you on your Muslims and homosexuals thread?
    No. Sunnis contradict each other all the time

Quick Q

If a non muslim wants tolive his free will in a muslim country.would you allow it?
    Evidently related to this topic.

Depends what his idea of free will is. If his idea of free will is to do something otherwise forbidden by the law of that country than obviously it would be illegal.
    This is a terrible question anyways. If I asked:
    If a non-muslim wanted to live his free will in a non-mulsim country would you allow it?..
    The meaning of free-will is blurred... a non-muslim might want to rob a store with his "free-will"... that would be illegal wouldn't it? It depends on what your idea of free-will is and what the law of that land is. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    not possible under sharia law?
    He lives in England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    He lives in England
    no Scotland

(Original post by fatima1998)
    don't you think its haram.... Astaghfirullah bro :noway:
    Oh, put a sock in it, would you.

ReputationRep:
    no Scotland
    No Sharia law there bro

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.