Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When doing differentiation, applying to real life aspects, for example finding the maximum volume, why do we set dV/dx = 0

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with transforming graphs? like how can you tell if its a transformation parallel to the y axis or if its parallel to x axis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    When doing differentiation, applying to real life aspects, for example finding the maximum volume, why do we set dV/dx = 0
    Think of stationary points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logic4Life)
    Can anyone help me with transforming graphs? like how can you tell if its a transformation parallel to the y axis or if its parallel to x axis?
    If the change is inside the bracket then x axis. If change is outside the bracket then y axis. The only exception is when there is a reflection (negative sign). If the (-) is outside the bracket then reflection in x axis but if (-) is inside the bracket then reflection in y axis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logic4Life)
    Below is a link to a picture which should help. it maybe a good idea to put it in a table for what affects the x axis and what affects the y axis.
    https://l.wordpress.com/latex.php?la...&fg=000000&s=3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLGC98)
    Think of stationary points
    So volume is the same?

ReputationRep:
    Do you always set dy/dx to 0 when finding max or minimum in real life situations?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the C1 exam? Question 11 & 9 were pretty hard....

ReputationRep:
    How did people find it?! I thought it went VERY well!!

ReputationRep:
    I liked it! But I wonder, what did you guys write down for what did you guys say for why the gradient of AB only is for point A?

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer for k in the last question? I foudn it as -3(1/8)>k.

ReputationRep:
    Hardest C1 paper yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmitry_Mednov)
    What was the answer for k in the last question? I foudn it as -3(1/8)>k.
    I got that k is less that -7.5

ReputationRep:
    Harder than any of the practice papers so far. OCR got me with very hard Geography and now the Maths. Thanks OCR!

ReputationRep:
    Never struggled so much on a maths paper,i can safely say i won't get an A now.
    I got a, as 25/2 and k, as -1+- root 15.Which I think are both wrong.

ReputationRep:
    That is the third C1 paper I've sat - definitely hardest yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skipper12345)
    I got that k is less that -7.5
    I think most people got that answer

ReputationRep:
    It was defo the hardest c1 paper in the last 6 years mate reckon I got 60

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what the last question's equations were?

ReputationRep:
    fml why could i not have been born 1 year later and sat the june 2015 paper that **** was piss easy compared to this im ****ed unless its like 60 for an A

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.