Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BanterBus)
    I got Propyl-Propanoate (not the correct name for it) with propanoic acid forming a ester bond with propan-2-ol
    Would it not have been 1-methylethylpropanoate?

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get from number of repeat units of the monomer. i put 714.2..... and i think its wrong coz you had to put 714 or 715

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCommie)
    CH3CH2CH2ONa? That doesn't sound right, are you talking about the last question? I got the two haloalkanes as CH3CH2CH2Br and CH3CHBrCH3
    Then propan-1-ol and propan-2-ol after reflux with OH-...
    That's right I did get CH3CH2CH2Br and CH3CHBrCH3 and in IR I got CH3CH2COOH after reflux (carboxylic acid is formed?) and then when it mentioned that the acid (G) reacted with another product from hydrolysis (I assumed that was NaBr) I said it formed CH2CH2COONa unfortunately I was wrong but never mind can't do anything now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby22222)
    what did you guys get from number of repeat units of the monomer. i put 714.2..... and i think its wrong coz you had to put 714 or 715
    yeah i put 715

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCommie)
    CH3CH2CH2ONa? That doesn't sound right, are you talking about the last question? I got the two haloalkanes as CH3CH2CH2Br and CH3CHBrCH3
    Then propan-1-ol and propan-2-ol after reflux with OH-...
    i got that too^ then the propan-1-ol forms the carboxylic acid which was the infrared spectra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoleemmak)
    Would it not have been 1-methylethylpropanoate?
    I got 1,1-dimethylpropanoatesimply because the O-H group was in the middle, so there would have been a methyl on the top and the bottom of the middle carbon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimbusninja)
    I got 1,1-dimethylpropanoatesimply because the O-H group was in the middle, so there would have been a methyl on the top and the bottom of the middle carbon
    Ah yes thats what i got its just the naming of it is confusing

ReputationRep:
    On the last question we were just required to give the structure of the ester right, not the name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyk5)
    yeah 3 carbons. Couldnt have been 4 carbons because the empirical formula can have 2/3 carbons. If lets say the empirical had 2 then the only way to get 4 carbons was to double the empirical formula which leads to the Mr being OVER 150 which it couldnt be so therefore had to be 3 carbons imo
    So relieved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimbusninja)
    I think you can draw it either way because the central carbon just has to have 2 Cs and one O coming off it, but it doesn't matter which side is which, you didn't have to name it in the exam did you? 😣

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oooooooa)
    On the last question we were just required to give the structure of the ester right, not the name?
    yeah just the structure thankfully

ReputationRep:
    Are people sure it's not 4 carbons instead of 3?? I got four carbons each time :// Will I still get something like an ecf mark for it over all?? 😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twomenoneclub)
    So relieved
    Hehe yh it did my head a little but i missed out a step and i was like "OOOhhhh". Only had 15 minutes to do all of last question so luckily got it in time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGeekGal)
    Are people sure it's not 4 carbons instead of 3?? I got four carbons each time :// Will I still get something like an ecf mark for it over all?? 😩
    Possibly, i dont see why not its over 10 marks so you should get some sort of assistance

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get 218.9 or 281.9 litres (some of those numbers) for the petrol question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also I got -281 for the enthalpy question I think I did something wrong :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for the emperical formula I got 3 carbons 7 hydrogens and 1 br which got me a mr of 120ish something which is less than 150. I thought that when you get a the number 3 point- something in your emperical formula you would have to double all the other numbers but the clue I saw was less than 150 so I left it. Therefore I think its C3H7BR.

ReputationRep:
    FFs I got so many silly mistakes

For The mass of cyclopentanol I got 13.7 bc I thought the initial mr of cyclohexene was 70 when it was 68....

Also I got the wrong monomer unit for the polymer hence I got 595.5 as the number of units FML

Pls tell me I'll get ECF marks for this mess somehow..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
    Also I got -281 for the enthalpy question I think I did something wrong :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why do you think you did something wrong? Im not sure what i got but i know i didnt forget the minus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    FFs I got so many silly mistakes

For The mass of cyclopentanol I got 13.7 bc I thought the initial mr of cyclohexene was 70 when it was 68....

Also I got the wrong monomer unit for the polymer hence I got 595.5 as the number of units FML

Pls tell me I'll get ECF marks for this mess somehow..
    I got 14.0 for the mass, what did anyone else get?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.