Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I predicted all As and A*s and got 8 A*s A and 2Bs in the mocks. In the recent mocks I got an A* in English Lang,Maths,Bio,Chem, Geog and Business and A in Physics and I only do arounf 2 hrs a day is that enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    lol you're exposing and roasting everyone here
    Hahaha yeah I'm on fire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    They're chatting ****... and we all know what happens when you chat ****, don't we?

(Original post by dmy15)
    Snakes don't hiss. They tell you they haven't revised either then come in with multi coloured flash cards and 3 folders of notes .
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    They probably secretly revise at home
    lol there are so many people at my school who really dont give **** about their education/exam results. One of my friends is one of them and she just gets U's and E's in her exams and she still doesnt give a **** even tho everyone tells her she should revise. but let her do what she wants lol

ReputationRep:
    Why do you revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)
    Why do you revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i haven't started, and i have biology and chemistry papers next week. wish me luck

ReputationRep:
    there are many people like myself who can't get the grip of revising, any I do won't go in. so I've literally done no revision for any subject,

ReputationRep:
    Chat **** get banged.

ReputationRep:
    say what you want, but if I can't revise efficiently what's the point

ReputationRep:
    I have my AS in 8 days and am yet to start revising for Geography? Revised others briefly, did 2 past papers for maths one night and felt pretty accomplished

ReputationRep:
    A fair bit. Haven't worked revised as much as I wanted to, but getting there by the day

ReputationRep:
    I started revising last Friday to be fair. Yes there are people who don't revise until the last minute. Are they foolish?... It depends on how well they absorbed the material during the learning.

Also many people define "revision" in different ways, in actual fact I would say you could classify it into two categories: active revision and passive revision. Many people don't see passive revision as actual revision, which is fair enough I suppose. Also one could argue that doing past papers is simply a measure of your revision not the revision itself, although I think this is a frivolous argument to make since you are in some sense memorising the answers that have worked for you and memorising the mark scheme for the answers that you didn't do so well on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by And what)
    I started revising last Friday to be fair. Yes there are people who don't revise until the last minute. Are they foolish?... It depends on how well they absorbed the material during the learning.

Also many people define "revision" in different ways, in actual fact I would say you could classify it into two categories: active revision and passive revision. Many people don't see passive revision as actual revision, which is fair enough I suppose. Also one could argue that doing past papers is simply a measure of your revision not the revision itself, although I think this is a frivolous argument to make since you are in some sense memorising the answers that have worked for you and memorising the mark scheme for the answers that you didn't do so well on.
    Memorising mark schemes isnt learning, just another bod in the system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)
    Memorising mark schemes isnt learning, just another bod in the system
    For which subject?
    For computing, for example, I reckon I could solely base my revision around memorising mark schemes. For GCSE Biology I memorised all the mark schemes for B123 and got 98% in the real exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by And what)
    For which subject?
    For computing, for example, I reckon I could solely base my revision around memorising mark schemes. For GCSE Biology I memorised all the mark schemes for B123 and got 98% in the real exam.
    Yes, you can get great results if you play the system and memorise mark schemes, but we're losing our creativity, memorising just to get good grades, not to enjoy learning, im fed up of this system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheeplover)
    2 of my friends haven't started revising at all! Can't wait to see what they get on results day
    Wel ... Their in trouble. Tell them GCSEs have already started. They started on 3 May 😕😖
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by s.mo)
    lol there are so many people at my school who really dont give **** about their education/exam results. One of my friends is one of them and she just gets U's and E's in her exams and she still doesnt give a **** even tho everyone tells her she should revise. but let her do what she wants lol
    Yeah it will only effect her

ReputationRep:
    My next exam is in 12 days - an AS retake for DT. I havent started revising for it (though what I have done is a bare-minimum skim of the revision book).

Say what you will about revision and the best time to do it - as long as its done at some point, its better than not being done at all. Give it your all and your best shot - all we can do is try.

Some people will try to make you feel bad about not starting revision. It's important that you try, but if it helps, don't forget that life is a bigger place than you think. No matter what happens, you'll find your way; if you care about something that much, prove it - even in the worst-case scenarios.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M00ND4NC3R)
    A couple of my close friends at school have claimed that they havent even started any revision and their exams start in less than ten days. Is anyone else like this?
    GCSE's are nothing compared to A levels.

AS/A levels.. I would literally start revising the first day back in school.

But still, don't worry about others, worry about yourself!

ReputationRep:
    A couple of my close friends at school have claimed that they havent even started any revision and their exams start in less than ten days. Is anyone else like this?
    Apart from the stuff we do at school I actually havent started my own revision at home! For me I prefer working under pressure and there are other people like that. Then you do get those who says they havent revised but actually have. Becuase of my breaks in between exams it makes me fwel like i have enough time and may end up revising until the night before! It may sound like rubbish but its true! Im just one mega procrastinator

ReputationRep:
    I currently do about 30 minutes a day, first exam on the 17th.

Im hoping to do a bit more this week though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.