x Turn on thread page Beta

I left my keys in my front door! Now they're gone! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackhenessey)
    i dont own the house
    Doesnt matter, you can still change the locks

(Original post by smellybelly1991)
    Is it owned by a landlord? I'd contact them and let them know, they can probably then organise someone to come and change the locks for you..but I know thats a pain in the arse because I think someone has to be in when they do it
    The landlord will likely call a locksmith who will charge a fortune. Better OP changes them himself first and then lets the landlord know.

Yeah OP, you can still change the locks if you don't own the house. I'm still hoping you'd find them, fingers crossed it'll be sorted soon x

ReputationRep:
    No idea why I'm anonymous ^

ReputationRep:
    nvm found it under the couch
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    nvm found it under the couch
    oh you

ReputationRep:
    I've checked all over the house and cannot find them so I probably left them in the door. The mailman came approximately an hour after I last unlocked the door. Because of this, i think he took it. I need help and advice i cant stop panicking!!
    Oh dear, we are in trouble, good luck sleeping tonight

ReputationRep:
    If someone took them, they would have broken in already. Just relax and look again, you must have misplaced them somewhere. It's easy to miss if you are panicking. If you still don't find them then get the locks changed asap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I’m in the same situation, only my car and mail key is on it too so if my landlord has to change the locks I think I will be charged a $50 fee for the mail key and a $50 fee for the house key and an even larger fee for lock change. Also will have to go to the car dealer and get a new key! 😟💔

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.