Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    There's a level crossing ahead?
    No. Well, yes, but only a certain type of level crossing (so not all will have this sign, most don't).

Spoiler:
    Show
    it's a concealed level crossing. And the signs can be any distance apart that makes sense, but all 3 signs are the same distance apart.

*Ask me anything to do with the theory test and hide the answers as a spoiler or just give me some advice.

Thanks!
    I've been revising recently. Hopefully it will help you too.

Name:  1462712046400.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  92.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    No. Well, yes, but only a certain type of level crossing (so not all will have this sign, most don't).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it's a concealed level crossing. And the signs can be any distance apart that makes sense, but all 3 signs are the same distance apart.
    Ah, slight bit of a trick question with the distance bit then.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ah, slight bit of a trick question with the distance bit then.
    That's why I said bonus points. All the other countdown markers are a set distance.

I am deliberately picking hard questions which you probably won't get in the actual theory test, but they are signs that exist and are in use.

I'll find the next sign in a minute
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What is the difference between these two signs?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    What is the difference between these two signs?
    First one is 'Lanes Narrow From Both Sides' and the second one is 'Lanes Merge Ahead'?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    First one is 'Lanes Narrow From Both Sides' and the second one is 'Lanes Merge Ahead'?
    First is correct, well done! Second isn't.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the second is end of dual carriageway. I'm also preparing for my theory even though it's ages away
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    I believe the second is end of dual carriageway. I'm also preparing for my theory even though it's ages away
    Correct!

This is actually a question I got on my recent theory test :
    What is the maximum possible speed limit after you've passed that sign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Correct!

This is actually a question I got on my recent theory test :
    What is the maximum possible speed limit after you've passed that sign?
    Is it 60mph?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Is it 60mph?
    Why are you asking me? You should be saying "I know the maximum speed limit is X, because after the 'dual carriageway ends' sign you'll be on a single carriageway, and therefore the speed limit there will be..."

But yes you are correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Why are you asking me? You should be saying "I know the maximum speed limit is X, because after the 'dual carriageway ends' sign you'll be on a single carriageway, and therefore the speed limit there will be..."

But yes you are correct.
    Sorry, lack of confidence right there
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Sorry, lack of confidence right there
    You can have one chance to redeem yourself.

You are driving along the motorway in thick fog. You decide to turn your fog lights on. What is the maximum distance you must be able to see?

ReputationRep:
    Related to the above question - why should you not have your fog lights on when it's not foggy?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Related to the above question - why should you not have your fog lights on when it's not foggy?
    That's cheating. You're just trying to get me to answer my own question.

Spoiler:
    Show
    rule 226 and 234. You must switch fog lights off when visibility improves. You can only switch them on when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you can't see more than 100m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can have one chance to redeem yourself.

You are driving along the motorway in thick fog. You decide to turn your fog lights on. What is the maximum distance you must be able to see?
    Visibility must be seriously reduced to 100m or less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    That's cheating. You're just trying to get me to answer my own question.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    rule 226 and 234. You must switch fog lights off when visibility improves. You can only switch them on when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you can't see more than 100m
    I thought this thread was to test the OP, not each other :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Would make your brake lights less clear or would dazzle other drives? I don't know
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I thought this thread was to test the OP, not each other :lol:
    I wasn't sure if you were asking a question as a test, or wanted clarification on a point you didn't know

ReputationRep:
    Would make your brake lights less clear or would dazzle other drives? I don't know
    Yup, both of those are correct answers You may get a question on this that has either one or both of those answers as choices, of course if both are answers then it's a "Mark two answers" question

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.