• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    £2 million and a goat.
    I would like access to the thoughts on what biscuits you eventually got.

*slides cheque under table* :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm sure no would speak to me ever so ... no
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by iEthan)
    I would like access to the thoughts on what biscuits you eventually got.

*slides cheque under table* :ninja:
    I'm spreading the buying of the biscuits across weekends. Last weekend I got raspberry BN's, orange chocolate digestives and jaffa cakes. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Yup
    money who$e

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no freaking way :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    No. BPD thoughts are not something other people wish to experience.

(Original post by KaminiZindagi)
    money who$e

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Money = freedom

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't think anyone is interested in seeing whats inside a mind of a 17 years old teenager from Middle-east. Orrrrr maybeeeee they do.

ReputationRep:
    no, i wouldn't do that for any amount of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Would it be a 1:1 ratio? Obviously we think faster than we see or hear so would the thoughts occupy the same amount of screen time as they do in our heads? Or would the instant it takes me to think "I need milk" or "that girl's cute" appear as a few seconds displayed/read aloud?

Are the viewers able to rewind, skip about and so on? Or do they have to watch in real time? Is this live or recorded? Is it anonymous?
    The viewers watch it once and it gets beamed into their minds - it plays in one straight line and never stops (like at a cinema). It's shown to the whole world and they can stop and watching as and when they want (just like at a cinema, it still goes on when they're not watching).

They see the thoughts like you see them and basically see every thought you've had up until now (and no further).

ReputationRep:
    No way.

ReputationRep:
    Sure. It's a good price for some dust and spider's webs.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by King Scorchy)
    The viewers watch it once and it gets beamed into their minds - it plays in one straight line and never stops (like at a cinema). It's shown to the whole world and they can stop and watching as and when they want (just like at a cinema, it still goes on when they're not watching).

They see the thoughts like you see them and basically see every thought you've had up until now (and no further).
    That makes it a definite no from me then. Effectively it means would you allow the entire world to read your mind for £1,000,000. Most definitely no. Not if it were impossible to reverse. You'd be screwed in pretty much every possible way and £1,000,000 certainly isn't enough to live the rest of your life on.

I would be interested in trying it out to see how many people I could influence. Are these your thoughts or mine nonsense. But it isn't worth 1 million if it's permanent and forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    That makes it a definite no from me then. Effectively it means would you allow the entire world to read your mind for £1,000,000. Most definitely no. Not if it were impossible to reverse. You'd be screwed in pretty much every possible way and £1,000,000 certainly isn't enough to live the rest of your life on.

I would be interested in trying it out to see how many people I could influence. Are these your thoughts or mine nonsense. But it isn't worth 1 million if it's permanent and forever.
    A million should be enough to live from if you find a good investment plan to yield, say, 4 percent per year.

ReputationRep:
    What do you people think about?

I'd absolutely do this.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zitterbart)
    A million should be enough to live from if you find a good investment plan to yield, say, 4 percent per year.
    Well of course there are things you can do with £1,000,000 but the money itself is not sufficient. Furthermore you're options become pretty limited as to what you can actually do with it.

Attempts to invest it will most likely fail. If you find something to invest in that actually gives decent returns then great. Until some of the 7 billion people seeing your thoughts decide to do the same thing. And as soon as loads of people jump on the bandwagon you'll be unable to make any money. It'll become oversaturated and will soon stop yielding any sort of meaningful return.

So I think investing is a terrible idea in this scenario. And I've assumed you actually know what you're doing. If you have no business experience you're in an even worse position.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that prevents me from investing right now is that I do not have a million. I think it is a big showstopper.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, why not, I'm an open book as it is
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    No absolutely not.
    thought it might be interesting for people to find out that my head doesn't just consist of pink candyfloss
    There's blue candyfloss in there too?! :teeth:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    kidding :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Theoretically unless someone announces to everyone, how would anybody consequential know that my thoughts are available?
    Might consider a deal in that case.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.