The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I buy the same books in different additions to replace my tattered ones so yes and no.
it doesn't really matter how my books look like as long as i can read it but i don't like it when people fold the edges of the pages when u can use a bookmark, or bend the spine ridiculously in a desperate attempt to exceed an angle of 180 degrees. also, stains.
If I'm using it for my studies it tends to end up totally ruined :tongue:; otherwise, I try and keep them presentable - the best thing is a book that still looks new but when you pick it up feels read (like the spine is much more floppy than when it was originally bought.) :u:
I like my with no dog ears and broken spines but I use the weirdest crap as book marks so :redface: It sounds really weird but I love my classics (Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice) dog eared and old, they also smell of 'old books' which I love
A bit worn out. It makes the book, I don't know, more valuable and ANCIENT which is awesome. But that does not mean I would shred my books. I just meant like to borrow/read books that are, well, very old and the pages are yellow. I'm totally against those who treat their books like a rag doll.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm torn between the two options (lol). I try my best to keep my books looking pristine but I love burrowing old, tattered, well read books with annotations all over. I feel like it connects me to the previous reader. I love aged books with yellowy, dusty pages (I know, gross and unhealthy but), I feel like a vintage book collector in possession of some ancient script. But I only enjoy that look on a book when it's the result of time and not when it's the result of a careless reader.
I try to keep them in good condition wherever possible.

Latest

Trending

Trending