Q=mcT in a solution, which mass?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurasaur)
    All I can say is to use the resources available to you. The textbook is okay, but physics videos are more interesting https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZz...C-Dl_VVUVHYDYw

For past papers, are you going wrong on the maths or the wordy questions? If the answer is the maths, try using isaacphysics.org for practice. If it's the wordy stuff, go through the textbook for a better understanding, and use mark schemes to structure any notes (memorise the way they explain things).
    almost everything, it's too much, sometimes it's the values for the maths question(a twist or something to trip me up)

other times it's the wordy questions which give a totally different answer to the one i put.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    almost everything, it's too much, sometimes it's the values for the maths question(a twist or something to trip me up)

other times it's the wordy questions which give a totally different answer to the one i put.
    Write down all the values stated in the question and what you're trying to work out. Then locate an equation (or several equations that you can combine). That way, you just have to plug the numbers into your calculator.

Learn the rules like for W=Fd the force has to be in the same direction as motion, if it isn't you have to calculate the component of F that is.

Remember that past papers are repetitive and there's only a certain amount they can ask of you. For wordy questions, memorising the mark scheme will really help. Such as in OCR A2 we study medical imaging, and there are about 8 specific points you can always get marks for when asked about MRI.

Exams don't test how good you are at the subject, they test how closely your answer matches theirs. You can get a good grade, you just have to jump through a few of their hoops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurasaur)
    Write down all the values stated in the question and what you're trying to work out. Then locate an equation (or several equations that you can combine). That way, you just have to plug the numbers into your calculator.

Learn the rules like for W=Fd the force has to be in the same direction as motion, if it isn't you have to calculate the component of F that is.

Remember that past papers are repetitive and there's only a certain amount they can ask of you. For wordy questions, memorising the mark scheme will really help. Such as in OCR A2 we study medical imaging, and there are about 8 specific points you can always get marks for when asked about MRI.

Exams don't test how good you are at the subject, they test how closely your answer matches theirs. You can get a good grade, you just have to jump through a few of their hoops.
    That's the problem i don't know what "special" things i need to remember for a certain question.
    i see....

but the situations they can pose are limitless and some of those situations require half a brain to stop and think about what you're doing and why. and sometimes i don't get those and i lose all the marks .-.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.