Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saima Hasnain)
    Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you're welcome x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    A lot of confidence at least starts with faking confidence, go out and act like you are confident and you will naturally become more confident.
    wont people see through it?

Focus on yourself, stop thinking, think positively, optimistically.

Know you treat people well, be with positive people, be proud of yourself, take good care of yourself, eat well, go to the gym, wear good clothes, have good posture, speak up (not low or fast), practice taking risks, be more sociable , trust yourself, believe in yourself, practice to overcome your challenges.

Join clubs, have friends (positive), know what makes you happy and the happy times.

Remember your good qualities and you have a lot to offer. Be self reliant, do not depend on anybody.

Also Have goals in life and achieve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    wont people see through it?
    try to join a new club where you can meet new people who you can practice your fake confidence on and gradually you will be naturally more confident around they people you already know and it wont be fake confidence, it'll be real!

ReputationRep:
    I've experienced this before, a few things have really helped me, mainly having one or a few really close friends that you can confide in, trust and can reassure you and you need to be fully honest with them. Also, being able to block out thoughts and really just keep your mind fairly empty as you walk down the street, spend time around people - choose a role model, someone around you that's really good with people and try and shadow what they do in your own way. Pursue your hobbies, get a girlfriend, have sex etc. etc

it's easier than you think. You've just got to get to a state where you're content with yourself and the people around you, then it'll all fall into place, but prepare for ups and downs still, it's never always plain sailing

ReputationRep:
    Stop seeking approval.

You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    Also if you chat to someone who you trust they'll tell you that they really don't notice half of the things that you are insecure about in public, I promise you, nothing is ever a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    it's easier than you think. You've just got to get to a state where you're content with yourself and the people around you, then it'll all fall into place, but prepare for ups and downs still, it's never always plain sailing
    This does not work for everyone. Trust me, I'm living a good life and am happy for the way things are going, yet nothing is "falling into place". I'm still lonely and single, and my social life isn't what I had hoped it would be.

Confidence is great and developing that confidence to better one's life is an excellent way to live, but just because one is confident doesn't mean life is suddenly going to get a lot better. At the very least, you're less likely to feel down when things don't work out.

ReputationRep:
    by believing that you dont give a sh*t about people's opinions on you...
    idk if it helps others but it sure changed me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.