The Student Room Group

Could Brexit tear the UK apart?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ambitious1999
Leaving the EU will be seen as a victory for nationalism and as a lone country nationalism and racism will increase especially if the economy goes tits up which is more than likely to happen.

At my old school they have an EU day, which is a whole school day when we celebrated the EU, diversity and multiculturalism. Most pupils were proud to call themselves Europeans and proud of the diversity. As a result pupils were less likely to become xenophobic or racist. Pupils looked forward to EU day as it was like a holiday. They eat different foods from all over the EU and each pupil had the chance to represent the EU country of their choice and form teams. I represented Austria, Italy and Chechen Republic in different years.

That's why I'm a proud European and also partly because despite being born in Britain I am essentially a born and bred EU citizen.

Actually nationalism is likely to decline because the primary stimulus of nationalism is being removed.
Original post by Ambitious1999
Leaving the EU will be seen as a victory for nationalism and as a lone country nationalism and racism will increase especially if the economy goes tits up which is more than likely to happen.

At my old school they have an EU day, which is a whole school day when we celebrated the EU, diversity and multiculturalism. Most pupils were proud to call themselves Europeans and proud of the diversity. As a result pupils were less likely to become xenophobic or racist. Pupils looked forward to EU day as it was like a holiday. They eat different foods from all over the EU and each pupil had the chance to represent the EU country of their choice and form teams. I represented Austria, Italy and Chechen Republic in different years.

That's why I'm a proud European and also partly because despite being born in Britain I am essentially a born and bred EU citizen.

Being a European has nothing to do with the eu. We would still be European in the unlikely event of a leave vote

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending