Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    like idk, some people say I am but that's because of my accent, which I really can't help, and also my indulgance in education; however this is no longer really a predicate of the upper class, if anything you could say it's pretension (perhaps)?

I certainly don't live a rich lifestyle nor do I identify myself as posh.

As for the tea cup/mug holding I always hold mine with my little finger sticking out but that is simply because I find it more comfortable.
    At the end of the day I really couldn't give a f**k what people think and neither should you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Not a fan of the posh ethos, all a bit girly to me.
    And i thought poshness was due to socio-economic status and not gender. Lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    And i thought poshness was due to socio-economic status and not gender. Lmao

He is talking about the feminine mannerisms that posh men harbour

ReputationRep:
    I'm a peasant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    He is talking about the feminine mannerisms that posh men harbour
    Oh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    another silly thread :naughty:
    :poke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody)
    :poke:
    that hurts

Oh yes. I'm the epitome of posh.

Honhonhon...

Very much so. :smug:

I'm very tired after hunting with daddy. Hopefully cook can make my pheasant very pleasant :giggle:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I would say I'm upper middle class at best :yes:

No but I'm classy af
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    :erm: no

ReputationRep:
    nope - thank god

ReputationRep:
    No some people think I am but I would say I'm not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Would you consider yourself to be posh?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    that hurts
    Does it? :poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a snob.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite posh privately educated...affluent family etc.

But i am of the mind it does not matter where a person may come from it is where they are going so i do not judge.

ReputationRep:
    lmfao

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm from Glasgow
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Somewhat, dunno..

Privately educated til I was 13, parents both have degrees and were both professionals, grandparents on my mom's side have degrees (one was a successful entrepreneur after going to Cambridge for Engineering) and were both professionals, our household income used to be firmly upper middle class, used to holiday a lot (2-3x a year), lived in multiple countries etc..

But after my dad passed away: household income has suffered and the holidays are maybe every other year (if that), all my siblings are in state school now, we don't really splurge on stuff anymore..

Tbf, I'm not even sure what we're defining 'posh' as.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do we even define posh ? Because sometimes people think I am.. I don't think I am tho :3 - or Idk it depends on how you define it -

(Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    I like the rough cultured types, the ones who speak a French regional accent and broken English

Hot
    which accent exactly ? :mmm:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.