Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Someone recommend me a decent (newish) game on PC watch

ReputationRep:
    Overwatch Open Beta by Blizzard is great.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Yes a processor upgrade is definitely needed in that case :lol:
    Yup :lol: It's an AMD Athlon 860k which is pretty budget tbh, think I might go for an AMD A10 7850k which has its own integrated GPU as well so should be much better for gaming, but then I've read mixed things so I dunno. Just gonna have a look around though and see what's the best processor I can get without having to change my mobo, but looks like my mobo might even need an upgrade tbh :lol: It runs most current gen games just fine saying that, just the absolute heaviest games that I have to lower the settings a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Yes a processor upgrade is definitely needed in that case :lol:

There there :console:
    Intergrated graphics cards are stilll graphics cards

How're you running Witcher 3 though?

Not really imo, dark souls was a lot more "precise" if that makes sense?
    I loved Dark Souls 1. I spend the time I'm playing most games, wishing I was playing DS1 :lol:
    It's not hard, it's unforgiving. You **** up and the game will tear you a new one. But it's not cheap (most of the time), it wont cheat ypu
    Near the beginning part of the game I got killed by a dragon flying over a bridge which I thought was pretty cheap but yeah I see what you mean, dark souls feels a bit tighter.

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy XV, only demo atm but it's sooooo good :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Near the beginning part of the game I got killed by a dragon flying over a bridge which I thought was pretty cheap but yeah I see what you mean, dark souls feels a bit tighter.

Fyi it's a drake not a dragon :hand:
    Lol i know the bit tho, i think it's the game's way of telling you you're underleveled at that point.

I'm not sure what the 870 is like performance wise, but your processesor is a little slow for games. Although if you can play Witcher 3 at a steady 30 fps it's nothing to complain over. i assume it's like a general purpose laptop too, not a games machine?

ReputationRep:
    Fyi it's a drake not a dragon :hand:
    Lol i know the bit tho, i think it's the game's way of telling you you're underleveled at that point.

I'm not sure what the 870 is like performance wise, but your processesor is a little slow for games. Although if you can play Witcher 3 at a steady 30 fps it's nothing to complain over. i assume it's like a general purpose laptop too, not a games machine?
    Runs BF4 on Ultra perfectly smoothly even in battles with lots of explosions and ****.

Err, I don't have many games. Skyrim it runs on ultra easily at 50+ consistently. Witcher 3 is about a mix of medium/high graphics at about 20 - 30 I guess. I haven't played enough to know.

It's not a gaming laptop, I can upgrade the processor but it's like a grand and it's just not worth it. I'm not a gamer so I don't mind. I do like the look of a lot of games that are coming out like Battlefield 1, DOOM (the original was one of the first pc games I ever played, Doom 3 was awesome), Planet Coaster etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well over the last year or so I've really gotten into a free game on steam called War Thunder, its basically a ww2 plane/tank sim, though it has different levels of realisticness depending on how you want to play the game. I've sunk probably over 400 hours into it, and as its still being constantly updated I find it a fresh and fun way of killing some time. Although I must say sometimes it can be the most frustrating thing XD. There's also Heroes and Generals, which is a free ww2 FPS, very fun though a bit grindy, but until BF1 comes out it'll be the only decent ww2 fps around. I dunno really, it depends on what kind of game you like

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.