Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    which 45 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asha.o)
    What's your second exam on? How did you find it? I did city life in roman italy as my second unit! I feel like they went well, I really liked Odyssey though!
    Ahh I think we are doing different specs cos I do odyssey and four tragedies but today was odyssey and it went really well glad you did well! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Violetflower)
    Ahh I think we are doing different specs cos I do odyssey and four tragedies but today was odyssey and it went really well glad you did well! Well done!
    I do the Odyssey and four tragedies too. Which Qs did you pick for Odyssey? How are you feeling about tragedies?

ReputationRep:
    What did people say for 2A?

ReputationRep:
    I did whether women were kept in control or not - thought that was a really nice question! Ran out of time as always though 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roselondon2)
    I did whether women were kept in control or not - thought that was a really nice question! Ran out of time as always though 😂
    Hi! I considered doing that question (answered the one about Odysseus as a hero in the end though) but saw you couldn't write about immortal women, Circe or Calypso!! So did you basically make it an essay about Penelope???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    Hi! I considered doing that question (answered the one about Odysseus as a hero in the end though) but saw you couldn't write about immortal women, Circe or Calypso!! So did you basically make it an essay about Penelope???
    I tried to anaylse as many mortal women I could think of - Nausicaa, Arete, Eurycleia, Melantho, and then I did a big part on all the nameless female maids that got no recognition in the poem. But Penelope was definitely the longest analysis!😂

ReputationRep:
    Heya I did that one too! what did u write about? I did for control Penelope/suitors, Penelope/Odysseus, Arete,(was going to do Nausicaa but ran out of time), then under control, Arete, Penelope/Suitors, Penelope/Telemachus and then a bit about Odysseus/Eurycleia,
    Do u think that was too much Penelope, I'm a bit worried now

ReputationRep:
    I tried to anaylse as many mortal women I could think of - Nausicaa, Arete, Eurycleia, Melantho, and then I did a big part on all the nameless female maids that got no recognition in the poem. But Penelope was definitely the longest analysis!😂
    Ah I see makes sense! I had a bit of a panic when I saw 'no immortal women' and just thought.. nope... Haha, I really hope I get an A but I only spent 30-35 minutes on the essay fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did people say for the Athene book 20 question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    I do the Odyssey and four tragedies too. Which Qs did you pick for Odyssey? How are you feeling about tragedies?
    Heyy, Odyssey went really well cos I did it in GCSE Classics. I chose the book 12 question and the odyssey hero essay, wbu? Feel awful about the tragedies they are so hard and horrible and I missed a few lessons, so I think that will be harder, how are you feeling about them?

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody do the Ctessipus passage questions ? I'm freaking out about the 20 marker !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophG:))
    Did anybody do the Ctessipus passage questions ? I'm freaking out about the 20 marker !
    I did it, what did you write for 2A , I think 2b was easier than 1b

ReputationRep:
    Could someone plz send me their tragedy notes for Electra plz

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any notes/ideas on the choral odes in Agamemnon? It's the one bit I'm really struggling with

ReputationRep:
    Someone send me their Electra notes or essays plz

ReputationRep:
    Do we have any predictions for the Tragedies?? Someone suggested that Agamemnon will be one of the passage questions

ReputationRep:
    If Agamemnon comes up as a source question tomorrow I'm fully going to hold my breath in that exam and hope to DIE!!! Let's pray to Zeus that Antigone comes up or Medea as a source question because I honestly have absolutely so clue about Agamemnon :///////

ReputationRep:
    ANY ROMAN SOCIETY AND THOUGHT PEEPS OUT THERE????
    I may be the only person in this country taking this exam at this point! >-<

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predicted Medea and Antigone as passages, idk tho bc it seems like Medea is pretty overdone in the passage sections of previous years. Also predicted something on which character deserved their punishment more across the 4 plays, especially Agamemnon vs. Jason, Agamemnon vs. Clytaemnestra, etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.