Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Its bad to say "khan is first Muslim Mayor" because..... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    He says he is Muslim, so we must assume that he is Muslim. Otherwise, it would mean that ISIS supporters are not Muslim as well.

My guess is that he has left the religion but doesn't say it for electoral purpose. It's however impossible to know that.
    There are plenty of self described Christians where it is basically a glorified coffee morning meat up every Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    He was "ex-communicated" by various mosques for voting in favour of "same sex marriage"....
    Unfortunately, "ex-communcation" works in a slightly different way than in Catholicism. Random Imams from Bradford, albeit being a very pious Muslims I'm sure, are not 'qualified' to make baseless takfirs

Even Isoccers on this forum have hurled all sorts of labels at him, including "munafiq" (hypocrite), but that does not make him a 'Murtad' (an apostate).

(Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Obama is definitely black but Khan is not definitely a muslim. Ambiguous at best.
    He is mixed raced

Overall, minor details aside, I do agree with you. This is nothing but pointless identity politics, and yes this type of politics is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    Even though only a minority of European Americans voted for Obama while a majority of Black and Asian Americans voted for Obama.
    That's unfounded rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    That's unfounded rubbish.
    http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls...ed/how-groups-
    voted-2012/

93% African Americans voted Obama
    73% Asian Americans voted Obama
    39% European Americans voted Obama

ReputationRep:
    If Hillary Clinton becomes the next US president, will some people say something like " Wow! Hillary is now the first white female president of United States of America!" ?

Anything about feminism or racism?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a waste of energy this entire thread is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    who is KHAN
    You don't watch the news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You don't watch the news?
    noooo :noway: have no time

ReputationRep:
    You should. :spank:

He is just the new mayor of London. He is also the son of a Pakistani immigrant. I think your parents may have mentioned that fact.

ReputationRep:
    Not even enough time for a quick google search? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't find it that noteworthy. There have only ever been 2 other London mayors before him. It's a relatively new position. He's the first Muslim mayor out......3. Big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You should. :spank:

He is just the new mayor of London. He is also the son of a Pakistani immigrant. I think your parents may have mentioned that fact.
    do not even think of hitting me :noway: nope... my parents haven't mentioned or even if they have, i am usually in my room upstairs so have no idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Not even enough time for a quick google search? :lol:
    my google is TSR

ReputationRep:
    Zac Goldsmith's reaction was:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    do not even think of hitting me :noway: nope... my parents haven't mentioned or even if they have, i am usually in my room upstairs so have no idea
    Read this: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2016-36232392

ReputationRep:
    my google is TSR
    That is sort of true, I hear most news from TSR :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ohh yeah, i have seen him on bbc :yep: i was waiting to watch the weather forecast and before that he popped on the screen :top:
    but i still have to read to see whats the story behind him

ReputationRep:
    That is sort of true, I hear most news from TSR :rofl:
    i hear all the stories from TSR... even from random places like daily mail i dont need google :top:

ReputationRep:
    I would TSR ship you two but there are religious differences :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I would TSR ship you two but there are religious differences :lol:
    Not that much. She will leave Islam soon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.