The Student Room Group

Poshest car you've driven / been driven in

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ODES_PDES
To own yes.
To be driven?
Not much fun!

I like being driven, it's nice to laze in luxury and be smoothly delivered. :teehee: However, one can get too used to a good thing. :rolleyes:

Although I don't like most of these kinds of cars on environmental grounds, I was brought up being driven around in range rovers and so on and whilst it is very nice to be that comfortable, there's a limit to how much comfort a person can have before it distorts reality and becomes some sort of weird filter to the real world.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I like being driven, it's nice to laze in luxury and be smoothly delivered. :teehee: However, one can get too used to a good thing. :rolleyes:

Although I don't like most of these kinds of cars on environmental grounds, I was brought up being driven around in range rovers and so on and whilst it is very nice to be that comfortable, there's a limit to how much comfort a person can have before it distorts reality and becomes some sort of weird filter to the real world.

You have to have someone that's driving well though. The woman from the office next door didn't have the smoothest of driving styles, although the car did a lot for her (she had previously driven me home in her own Ford once as well). My boss drives a 2008 Mercedes C-Class and he has an incredibly smooth driving style and it's beautiful to just sit back and let yourself be driven by him. Unfortunately, he usually insists we do something work related while driving between meetings.

I usually get the bus, so these lovely posh cars are a rarity for me, so I feel like I'm kind of off the hook for that.
A Bentley of sorts, I'm useless with cars so idk lol
Poshest I've driven is my Fiesta, doesn't sound great but it's brand new and when I got it was worth not much less than 20 grand :u:

My uncle-in-law when I was younger was ****ing loaded, so I was passenger in a Rolls Royce, Limo and Ferrari F50. Wish my aunt was still with him, he might have gotten me a very nice car for xmas :rofl:
The Fiat Multipla
Been driven in a top spec Jaguar XJ which was literally a few days old at the time! Also been driven in a 15 plate Audi S5, a 2010 S-Class and a 2003 M3 (more fun that 'posh' I guess).

:smile:
Reply 26
Owned a 2005 M5, was great fun but certainly not the poshest I've been in. (Probably one of the most powerful, although it was quite rough to drive tbh)
Poshest I've ever been in was my cousins Aventador (BEEEEEEEEASSSTTTT, Never seen such power in my life, cut my breath every time he accelerated.) and my brother's M4 (Love that car, absolute beast and looks stunning)
Reply 27
Me mam had a lift in the owner of the Celtic Manor's Bentley
Reply 28
Original post by shaymarriott
They haven't built an M7...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Alpina B7 is pretty much the closest thing you can get to an M7.
i'll let people take their pick
a 1987 rolls royce silver spur (owned by dad's boss, passenger)
a 2013 mercedes S600 (chauffeured hired)
a 2008 bentley continental GT (chauffeured hired)
a 2015 maserati quattroporte (owned by uncle driven for a few miles)
a 1998 porshe 911 carrera (owned by former boss, driven 500 yards)
a 2014 rolls royce phantom (chauffeur hired)
Been in Range rovers, Land rovers, the G-class actually my father owned a G-class benz.
renault clio
Original post by jamesthehustler
i'll let people take their pick
a 1987 rolls royce silver spur (owned by dad's boss, passenger)
a 2013 mercedes S600 (chauffeured hired)
a 2008 bentley continental GT (chauffeured hired)
a 2015 maserati quattroporte (owned by uncle driven for a few miles)
a 1998 porshe 911 carrera (owned by former boss, driven 500 yards)
a 2014 rolls royce phantom (chauffeur hired)

Do you get married a lot then? :teehee:
McLaren Spider? Ferrari 458?
idk if posh lol
Lambo.

It was AMAZING
Been driven in a Lamborghini murcielago and have driven a jaguar xkr.
Reply 36

Hyundai Verna
I got lifts from my friends' parents and directors at work.

Porsche 911 Carrera: Sweet
BMW 750i
Range Rover: Kinda underwhelming and overkill in the city
Audi A8 Avant: Powerful motor, great on motor way
Mercedes 280 SL coupe (vintage car): Classy car for collectors
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Do you get married a lot then? :teehee:

hired for clubbing in style on most of the chauffeured other than the rolls for a date and the others where mostly on private ground

Spoiler

I drive a new C Class, it's pretty fancy compared to most people my age, I'm lucky. Got a couple of lifts in a bugatti veyron when I lived in Dubai.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending