Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My spirit is telling me that , controversial issues on abortion will come up or British laws in abortion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosesareblue1234)
    i only have christian since we do hinduism...

Multi-cultural society: "there is neither jew nor gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in christ jesus"
    imago dei- we're all made in the image of god, therefore we are all equal.
    Parable of the good samaritan- jesus said to help each other, even you're enemies.
    "love thy neighbour"
    the golden rule- treat others are you wish to be treated.
    Parable of the sheep and the goats- "whatever you did not do for the least of my people you did not do for me"- christian's should help others as they are helping jesus through this.

Relationships: In the decalogue, adultery is forbidden.
    "forgive us our sins, as we forgive those against us"- so for example, if your marriage partner has committed adultery, you should still forgive them, stuff like that.
    "love thy neighbour"
    "til death do us part"- included in christian marriage vows, argument against divorce.

Medical ethics: Jesus told others to "heal the sick" and also to "love thy neighbour"
    you could use situation ethics- so, what is the most loving thing to do?
    There are many examples of jesus healing people, such as the time when he healed a woman on the sabbath day (a supposed day of rest).
    The golden rule (that fits into a lot of topics.)

good luck!
    thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    My spirit is telling me that , controversial issues on abortion will come up or British laws in abortion.
    I think this might come up too, good job I'm revising it lol

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for unit 4??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatimah9)
    any one for Unit 4 Islam?
    I am, not long left to go!!

ReputationRep:
    The exam went better than expected!! My predictions were pretty much right super happy, how did it go for you guys?

ReputationRep:
    I did unit 4, it was okay 😐
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I thought the exam went very well! (Unit 1) the believing in God question was amazing!!
    Just hoping I got an A* now

ReputationRep:
    Exam was pretty good!! I'm now worried that I forgot to cross the question I was doing!

ReputationRep:
    Soon unit 11 😑

ReputationRep:
    Today when I gave Religious Studies Exam
    there was a question regarding 1" differing religious views having sex outside marriage " ?
    And 2" How does non-religious view the disability "
    Can some1 summarize both of these questions ? Plzz specially the first 1 ?

ReputationRep:
    The exam went good! I struggled a little on the Euthanasia question bc i forgot loads of te points.. Also now im worrying about if i ticked the question im doing or not😭😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamanna___)
    Guys the exam is tomorrow and im really finding it hard ti revise, mainly because i find r.e soo boring.. Im inly doing it because it was compulsary

how did it go and wha unit did you do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiaSmith)
    how did it go and wha unit did you do??
    I did unit 1 and surprisingly it went really well, for the first time ever i managed to finish on time!!!! But i did struggle a little on the Euthanasia question, other then that i think i may just have scored an A!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamanna___)
    I did unit 1 and surprisingly it went really well, for the first time ever i managed to finish on time!!!! But i did struggle a little on the Euthanasia question, other then that i think i may just have scored an A!!
    i will be doing the life issues tomorrow afternoon... and i like only 2 topics and those early life and prejudice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiaSmith)
    i will be doing the life issues tomorrow afternoon... and i like only 2 topics and those early life and prejudice.
    Ohh! So your doing the full course, well good luck!! I wish you all the best
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Predictions for Unit 8 definitions - for every unit there have only been 2 key words not used so it's very likely they will use them this year:

Rights and Responsibilities:
    -electoral processes
    -the Golden Rule

Environmental and Medical Issues:
    -in-vitro fertilisation
    -stewardship

Peace and Conflict:
    -just war
    -pacifism

Crime and Punishment:
    -deterrence
    -law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama_whisperer)
    OMG! I'm panicing so hard right now, i keep doing past papers but i keep getting D/C's when I was getting A/A* before! T_T perhaps by some miracle if i keep revising i will get a B grade for both units...
    How did you find the exams?!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing the Judaism Unit ?

ReputationRep:
    if I don't get above 85% right, I will be gutted. the easiest exam so far.

anyone doing IGCSE Edexcel maths?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.