Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I got my first job today! Get in... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I actually think it might be a scam. They told me to send the money when the item had been posted, but i am not prepared to do this obviously. I will pay them when it has been received and the buyer is happy, only then.
    Yeah, sorry but it does sound like a scam...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Yeah, sorry but it does sound like a scam...
    I have asked her to call me so i can make a judgement based on her tone of voice. Plus i generally tend to be quite a good judge of character, and if she is legit then she should call me. Hopefully they will understand why i am being cautious, because it is my neck on the line here.

ReputationRep:
    I have asked her to call me so i can make a judgement based on her tone of voice. Plus i generally tend to be quite a good judge of character, and if she is legit then she should call me. Hopefully they will understand why i am being cautious, because it is my neck on the line here.
    Oh come on, even if she sounds genuine, it means nothing. Either way, you have the knowledge to make an informed choice now so good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Oh come on, even if she sounds genuine, it means nothing. Either way, you have the knowledge to make an informed choice now so good luck
    Okay i have created my first listing. Let's hope the offers come rolling in!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone. I can't give too much away at this early stage, because i am yet to put any auctions up, and don't want to let down my seller. But suffice to say that these are high value items, and we hope to make a profit if the demand is out there.

To be honest with you, although my ebay record is quite good at the moment, i am waiting to get a correspondence through the post in order to successfully go through with this sale. But assuming i am able to pull this off, i stand to make a healthy cut from the proceeds. Wish me luck!>1?!
    you have my interest here you say high value are you talking £500, £5,000 or £50,000 type of stuff if it the upper scale i have some wealthy connoisseurs and collectors on my files who if the merchandise is right have been known to spend five or six even 7 figures to get the finest pieces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    you have my interest here you say high value are you talking £500, £5,000 or £50,000 type of stuff if it the upper scale i have some wealthy connoisseurs and collectors on my files who if the merchandise is right have been known to spend five or six even 7 figures to get the finest pieces
    Just over £1400

ReputationRep:
    Just over £1400
    probably won't be the grade that these guys spend too
    one has a £60,000 one-off molybdenum cased camera, another has a £1,000,000 diamond collection and another has a assorted watch collection (some new some classic some antique worth anywhere from £200 to £170,000) insured for £2,000,000

ReputationRep:
    probably won't be the grade that these guys spend too
    one has a £60,000 one-off molybdenum cased camera, another has a £1,000,000 diamond collection and another has a assorted watch collection (some new some classic some antique worth anywhere from £200 to £170,000) insured for £2,000,000
    No i guess not. I think my dealer has some more valuable goods, but my paypal/ebay limits currently won't stretch to this kind of exuberance!

ReputationRep:
    No i guess not. I think my dealer has some more valuable goods, but my paypal/ebay limits currently won't stretch to this kind of exuberance!
    give it time and you might have something

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's got to start somewhere huh? If the worst comes to the worst i will serve a banker's chargeback on his ass, and get my money back in all's its shiny glory!

ReputationRep:
    I've just had my ebay limit increased from £2000 to £6000, i still need to have the paypal limit put up as well though, before i can do any more trading.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.