ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Hi Lornal, welcome to TSR!

You can talk about all sorts of things on TSR: school/college/uni, your subjects, health, relationships, fashion, cooking, music, sports, politics, religion, and lots of other things. Have a look around the different forums to see what there is
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,Has anyone thought about what their thoughts are with regards to the EU referendum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZiggyStarDust_)
    i'm 16

so I, uh, presume so.
    I don't know man, i'm not used to chatting about politics. 80's movies are more my thing, yo.

by referendum, you mean the EU Brexit "ting", amirite?

Because I'm totally for us staying in the EU.
    How 'bout you, bub
    Hi Ziggy,
    Can you tell me why you would vote to stay in, if you don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lornal)
    Hi Ziggy,
    Can you tell me why you would vote to stay in, if you don't mind?
    Better for trade, country's security, and of course the most important reason; EUROVISION

ReputationRep:
    Better for trade, country's security, and of course the most important reason; EUROVISION
    I understand how you feel, but, you’re young and carefree. It was in the news that the Germans are considering a referendum of their own, due to Merkel's immigration policies. If that true and we vote to stay in the EU and Germany vote to leave then we will be left to bail out the rest of the EU members that will struggle without German money. God helps us if that happens. Sorry, I'm not trying to scare you or to change your mind, I just want you to think about it, as it will affect your future.
    Oh! Did you know the Eurovision is political?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lornal)
    I understand how you feel, but, you’re young and carefree. It was in the news that the Germans are considering a referendum of their own, due to Merkel's immigration policies. If that true and we vote to stay in the EU and Germany vote to leave then we will be left to bail out the rest of the EU members that will struggle without German money. God helps us if that happens. Sorry, I'm not trying to scare you or to change your mind, I just want you to think about it, as it will affect your future.
    Oh! Did you know the Eurovision is political?
    Yes, the winner of Eurovision sung a political song, apparently. It was related with Russia. So yes, very interesting (!)

Aye, I am young and ignorant. Honestly, I'm not that familiar with both sides of the argument to this Brexit vote. I'm pretty sure I can't vote anyway (being 16), I'm just going by my parent's opinions. I do need to educate my self as some point about the proper sides to this argument,

I didn't know Germany were considering a referendum as well, that is interesting. It's certainly changed my opinion on UK leaving the EU.

Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the winner of Eurovision sung a political song, apparently. It was related with Russia. So yes, very interesting (!)

Aye, I am young and ignorant. Honestly, I'm not that familiar with both sides of the argument to this Brexit vote. I'm pretty sure I can't vote anyway (being 16), I'm just going by my parent's opinions. I do need to educate my self as some point about the proper sides to this argument,

I didn't know Germany were considering a referendum as well, that is interesting. It's certainly changed my opinion on UK leaving the EU.

Hmm.
    Hi Ziggy,You’re not ignorant, of course, you’re going to be influenced by your parents, it's part of life. However, I am pleased you are considering both sides of the argument. But, we need everyone to debate the good and bad points in staying in or leaving the EU. We have to decide what is best for us. A lot to think over!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.