Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do you dislike about where you live? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I live in the country.

It's not London

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish High Street. :puppyeyes: No good shops, of course, always room for an e-cigarette shop, no bad high street is complete without one...smh :noway:

ReputationRep:
    It's Walsall.

Need I say more :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Women in burqas..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The attitude of a lot of the local natives. They are quite stuck up and think they are better than others because of where they live and money. Not the friendliest and there isn't a strong sense of community.
    My parents earn just as much but I have a completely different attitude because I grew up in a different county.

ReputationRep:
    The architecture, and the weather.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Neds.

They leave rubbish every where, let their dogs **** everywhere, graffiti on doors and walls in your block, play really **** music loudly, their level of the flat stinks of weed whenever you walk by it, they shout in the close and even something quiet like a sneeze sounds like a gun shot in a close so imagine how much louder banshee like screeching is like -_-

ReputationRep:
    A crappy town in Suffolk... Chavs... Chavs EVERYWHERE! And all the children who are 12 aim to look 18 which is gross, with rude bad tempered people. If it blew up, I could not give a damn

ReputationRep:
    It's a nice area but not much to do. There's not many people my age, it's mainly retired couples and families.

ReputationRep:
    Total barren shithole, with no redeeming quality. None. You know your town is bad when an American newpaper writes "There may be uglier towns, but I have yet to see them".

ReputationRep:
    I hate how you can walk down the street and bump into 5 miserable people, a bunch of chavs telling you to 'get the f**k out of my way' when they have no sense of direction and respect, a group of sluts with their air max and crop tops and some little kids that want a lighter to get lung cancer... Oh the Nunsthorpe, how wonderful you are xD

ReputationRep:
    No shops in walking distance (unless you count a small co-op at 35 minutes as walking distance) - everything else about the countryside is great :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I live in Hertfordshire but the only negative I can think of personally is the house prices being so high
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    That it is dead and nothing lively or fun is available. The town centre is **** as hell and our neighbours are the infamous town Luton.

Most of the people here are also weird and if you walk anywhere, there's always drunk people who are taking drugs.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Neds.

They leave rubbish every where, let their dogs **** everywhere, graffiti on doors and walls in your block, play really **** music loudly, their level of the flat stinks of weed whenever you walk by it, they shout in the close and even something quiet like a sneeze sounds like a gun shot in a close so imagine how much louder banshee like screeching is like -_-
    They seem completely oblivious to common decency...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Too many white power people where I live

ReputationRep:
    Probably the fact that the weather is always so gloomy and we don't get enough sunshine but other than that,nothing else. London is a multicultural melting pot and I've come to love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emobambam)
    Too many white power people where I live
    Hackney

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where I live specifically? How close-minded the people are.

Where I live as in my city in general? Some of the areas within it, such as where I grew up. I quite like the city as a whole, although I definitely don't intend on remaining here long-term.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.