Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

HEO Graduate Interns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomoso 01)
    Well spotted - thanks! Did you get the T&Cs, FAQs and character questionnaires etc? All encouraging stuff. Seems like months since my interview!

Yeah I did, I think the optimist in me wants to take that as a positive sign haha. Either way, if it means we're closer to finding out that's great!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get an email from capita with a 'security watchdog' code a couple of days ago?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, not sure what that was supposed to mean - I think it may have been referring to the social mobility survey they sent through weeks ago.
    (Original post by Pensive)
    Did anyone else get an email from capita with a 'security watchdog' code a couple of days ago?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I don't think I had that email :|

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I didn't get that email either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.K100)
    Hmm, I didn't get that email either
    Better not be an omen, I've invested a lot of mental energy into this wait now haha

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't get that email. However, I did get a reply from an enquiry I sent to Capita. Apparently they're still interviewing and we should hear back late next week. Does anyone know if this is the final phase of recruitment? ie. Job offer if successful at interview?

ReputationRep:
    I believe this is the final stage. That's odd though, Capita told me that all results were with HR and that the decision making was taking longer than planned. I guess they don't know what's happening either haha

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, they didn't even say that we would find out next week:

"We are still holding interviews, so outcomes will not be known until later next week.

I’m sorry I cannot give you more news at the moment."

And thanks, good to finally apply for something I want and not be faced with loads of stages of the process.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! They were really quick with the online test results...was hoping we'd be lucky and get these soon too!

ReputationRep:
    Woops, false alarm on that email - turns out it was something unrelated. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Really thought we would have heard back by now!

I guess it's looking like it'll be tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Same, I just called capita and they said they are still waiting to hear back from HR, I asked if it would be this week and they didn't guarantee 100% that it would be. Looks like they're having a hard time narrowing down applicants possibly.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm maybe we shouldn't hold out too much hope for today then

ReputationRep:
    It's taking so long getting really impatient now haha

ReputationRep:
    haha same. I'm so tempted to contact Capita again, but I don't want to harass them! Especially when the answer will be 'thank you for your patience'.Really wasn't expecting to be kept waiting this long!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think they need to be harassed, this is a bit out of order

ReputationRep:
    I sent an email last week but didn't get a reply

ReputationRep:
    I've just emailed again, I'd encourage everyone to do the same, then they might be a bit more proactive with the HR department

ReputationRep:
    I am surprised it's taking so long, the civil service hiring process is quite cut and dry in terms of scoring. Not sure why they're dragging it out!

Edit: I have just sent a chase email :P

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.