Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Man arrested over training his pup to do the nazi salute in Scotland Watch

ReputationRep:
    If that's the case, we should arrest John Cleese and Charlie Chaplin.

The video itself has far more likes than dislikes, that means a small minority of people got offended. So sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    If that's the case, we should arrest John Cleese and Charlie Chaplin.
    Found the Paul Joseph Watson viewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rotomhead25)
    Found the Paul Joseph Watson viewer
    Yup
    Spoiler:
    Show
    inb4 white racist cisgender able sexist shitlord!

ReputationRep:
    UK! Yes!

Here is the British version of Karl the Cuck.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    LOL This has literally made my day

ReputationRep:
    The title should be;

"Police have sense of humour failure".

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what the reactions would have been if this was a video made by an asian guy, called "mate your dog's a jihadi" where he kept saying "d'ya wanna behead the infidel" and showing the dog watching a jihadi video.

Would everyone have been saying "the police shouldn't harass him, they should get a sense of humour"

Or would we have had a load of posts about "religion of peace", "multiculturalism has failed", "they don't wanna integrate"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    I wonder what the reactions would have been if this was a video made by an asian guy, called "mate your dog's a jihadi" where he kept saying "d'ya wanna behead the infidel" and showing the dog watching a jihadi video.

Would everyone have been saying "the police shouldn't harass him, they should get a sense of humour"

Or would we have had a load of posts about "religion of peace", "multiculturalism has failed", "they don't wanna integrate"
    That would depend on the context here it was clearly not meant to taken seriously just because someone doesnt find it funny doesnt and gets offended doesnt mean the police should be involved

ReputationRep:

Isn't it encouraging for you that when a leftist like this man makes a joke that could be deliberately misinterpreted as actual anti-Semitism, the right sees it as a joke, rather than serious anti-Semitism on the part of this leftist?

This is considerably better treatment than the left extends the right, for whom all possible justifications for persecution, however dishonestly they must be presented, are exploited to the maximum.

In fact probably the only reason this leftist was arrested is that the police assumed he was not on the left. If the initial story had been, "Opponent of "bedroom tax" makes anti-Semitic video - Corbyn declines to comment." I think it is very unlikely he would have been arrested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    Isn't it encouraging for you that when a leftist like this man makes a joke that could be deliberately misinterpreted as actual anti-Semitism, the right sees it as a joke, rather than serious anti-Semitism on the part of this leftist?

This is considerably better treatment than the left extends the right, for whom all possible justifications for persecution, however dishonestly they must be presented, are exploited to the maximum.

In fact probably the only reason this leftist was arrested is that the police assumed he was not on the left. If the initial story had been, "Opponent of "bedroom tax" makes anti-Semitic video - Corbyn declines to comment." I think it is very unlikely he would have been arrested.
    Spot on!

ReputationRep:
    The UK needs better free speech laws. The fact this man was arrested over something so silly - and essentially harmless - is an appalling violation of his liberties.

Yes, the Holocaust wasn't a joke, and it certainly wasn't funny. But that's not the joke in this video - a seemingly innocent, unknowing pug performing Nazi salutes is the joke. It is a dark but harmless absurdity the offence-takers opted to legitimize and blow way out of proportion. The video was so obviously not an endorsement of antisemitism, either.

Any level-headed, intelligent individual should be capable of understanding a silly joke and distinguishing it from more serious matters. Evidently thousands of people on YouTube were, but not the North Lanarkshire authorities, it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Looking over it, probably some butthurt Israeli and the UK gov doesn't want to risk looking soft on anti-Semitism.
    It wouldn't be a TSR thread until some racist crackpot starts ranting about the J...J...J...Israel.

It's almost like you don't care if people know about you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    It wouldn't be a TSR thread until some racist crackpot starts ranting about the J...J...J...Israel.

It's almost like you don't care if people know about you
    Wouldn't be TSR without someone complaining about racism the moment Israel is mentioned on a thread about something that might have offended the Jews.

It's almost like you don't care if people know about you.

ReputationRep:

I would have laughed and used it as evidence of integration.

ReputationRep:
    It's shocking that the damage the Nazi's did still persists today. They are defeated yet they still infringe upon our freedoms. Under our Nazi reign of terror we are not even permitted to have a sense of humour. It reminds me of North Korea, where even after death their leaders still hold a position and rule.

I'm sat here with a box of medals awarded to my ancestors for fighting against the Nazis and the Japs, sometimes being killed or wounded and it's people like me that are supposed to have restrictions imposed on them? That's not what my ancestors fought or died for.

ReputationRep:

Hardly comparable are they.

Firstly as a note, if the video implied that there was genuine attempts to make the dog a jihadi - as you'll note here no such intention exists, not only are nazis extremely fringe he repeatedly reiterated it was a joke to annoy his gf - then nobody would be saying anything because they'd be too busy laughing. It would be a comedy video whatever the intent.

Nobody apart from idiots would be making criticisms of the religion as a whole based on a comedy video because there is no attempt to promote nazism or to do anything but create a satire. I certainly would tell people to take it as a joke were it an asian man and jihadi videos as the obvious satire of it makes the reason for its production self evident.

This is an excellent way to justify the police drumming up nonsense racial hatred charges as part of a political agenda by entirely misrepresenting both the context and the action. Its not a case of serious or legitimate social problems, nor is it a case of some legitimate criticism of a certain demographic and neither of these will inform commentary in response to the issue. Just because you dislike certain criticisms does not make them weapons to be brought out and held against people without refutation and this instance to assume any kind of different response due to the race (which you assume) in relation to the context is outright fallacious misrepresentation. The equivalent would be me saying, it wouldnt be funny if he was german!!!! Their race is associated with the Nazis so obviously no sensible perspective can be applied.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO!!!

ReputationRep:
    Here Here ayes to the left? ayes to the right?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.