Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Turkey, Albania and Macedonia will be joining the EU watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brevic2000)
    Turkey, Albania and Macedonia are all muslim countries. Europe will be islamified through legitimate channels irrespective of refugees.
    If they move to our country, pay their bills, add to our economy and live a peaceful and violence-free life (which most do, unlike what UKIP-ers seem to think), who cares if they emigrate to live here?

ReputationRep:
    Good the EU is far too dominated with white christian countries, it needs some more diversity to survive as an institution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omen96)
    What are you trying to achieve? You do realise 100% of IN voters want them to join the EU? Who are you trying to convince?
    I would like to object that claim, as an IN voter who absolutely does not want Turkey to join the EU, at least in its current state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    Good the EU is far too dominated with white christian countries, it needs some more diversity to survive as an institution
    That's like complaining that the African Union is dominated by black people.

With the exception of parts of the Balkans Europe is a white and historically Christian continent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Do they?
    Yes, a vote for IN is a vote for EU expansion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimGB)
    I would like to object that claim, as an IN voter who absolutely does not want Turkey to join the EU, at least in its current state.
    You are lying. A vote for IN is a vote for EU expansion, I guess you never got the memo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    They are at least partially Muslim.

The "rubbish" birth figures come from the Republic of Macedonia State Statistical Office's Macedonia in Figures (2012), online here: http://www.stat.gov.mk/Publikacii/Mak_Brojki_2012_A.pdf

Page 14: if you add Albanians (7,727), Turks (1,046), and Roma (1,574), you get 10,347 Muslim births per year, on a total of 22,270 overall. So, 46.4% of newborns are Muslim.

Before you say that not all of them are Muslim, you must also take into account that there is a minority of Muslim ethnic Macedonians - which does not appear in the statistics, so the number of Muslim births could be higher.

You're welcome.
    Roma are likely Christian, you presume all the Albanians are Muslim which is unlikely, Births of Muslim are likely around 40% tops so by no means a Muslim nation which is what you said in your initial statement. You lied, made a false claim, fact!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian Bartlett)
    Roma are likely Christian, you presume all the Albanians are Muslim which is unlikely, Births of Muslim are likely around 40% tops so by no means a Muslim nation which is what you said in your initial statement. You lied, made a false claim, fact!
    I said that Albanians were not all Muslim, but I also said that some ethnic Macedonians were Muslim; I moreover did not count Bosniaks, who are likely Muslim.

Roma are Muslim in Macedonia.

I never pretended that Macedonia was a Muslim nation. I said: "One third of the population and almost half of new births are Muslim.", which is true.
    The majority of the population is Christian, but there is a very large and increasing Muslim minority.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.