Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My dad says i am allowed to date anyone, just no muslims. watch

(Original post by Butternuts96)
    You've changed the subject from dating to forced marriage now? And you've assumed that muslims do forced marriages? You come across as a Britain First member. You wouldn't dare to say such things out loud to muslims so why hide behind an online persona?
    He might do. Do you know him?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Are you muslim?

Are you a girl?

Sorry, I'll leave, now.

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't dare to say such things out loud to muslims so why hide behind an online persona?
    Its easier said behind a screen which is why so many people criticize muslims on this site.

ReputationRep:
    No he is not racist. Sound prejudice tough...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You've changed the subject from dating to forced marriage now? And you've assumed that muslims do forced marriages? You come across as a Britain First member. You wouldn't dare to say such things out loud to muslims so why hide behind an online persona?
    you've just admitted that muslims aren't allowed to date though :lol: you're really going to admit that but not admit that fathers essentially force their kids to marry who the father wants? you seem *really* naive. if we're talking about muslims whose parents were immigrants from muslim cultures e.g. pakistan, bangladesh, etc, then it is basically assured that they will do as their former culture demanded

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't allow my children to date muslims, I don't want my grandkids being restricted from bacon, that's like child abuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RezzBerry)
    Are you a girl?

Sorry, I'll leave, now.
    No I'm not?

ReputationRep:
    You win ignorant comment of the day. Muslims aren't allowed to date. (But most muslims don't practise that). Practising parents encourage their kids to not date. Non-practising parents let them do whatever and don't care.

Why did you make up that incredibly ignorant statement? Are you intentionally trying to offend?
    why don't they let their kids date? or do they chose who their boyfriend is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleBoobies)
    well, muslim fathers tell their daughters that they can't date non-muslims, so would all those muslim fathers be "racists"?
    You can't date in Islam anyways LOL so it doesn't matter if the guy is Muslim or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkrox22310)
    You can't date in Islam anyways LOL so it doesn't matter if the guy is Muslim or not.
    why cant you date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    why cant you date
    You can't date because Muslim woman are meant to save themselves for their husband so love and affection is only between the married couple. Its just the way it is but obviously, Some Muslims (not all) still do date but its forbidden in Islam
    because it just saves you from all the complications e.g: Getting pregnant then the guy leaving you with no support and also saves you from the heartbreak.

ReputationRep:
    Prejudiced is probably more the word than racist. And I absolutely hate the term 'Islamophobic' being thrown around willy nilly, as most people aren't scared of Islam or Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleBoobies)
    well, muslim fathers tell their daughters that they can't date non-muslims, so would all those muslim fathers be "racists"?
    No because 'non muslims' isn't a race.

ReputationRep:
    Muslim's can date.

Dating doesn't mean sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    is he racist?
    I thought you are a Muslim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popo111)
    No because 'non muslims' isn't a race.
    1) that's what quotation marks are for. quoting. not stating myself.
    2) well people generalise muslims as a race and therefore yell racism whenever anybody is critical of their religion so I guess we're both stuck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleBoobies;[url="tel:64704653")
    64704653[/url]]you've just admitted that muslims aren't allowed to date though :lol: you're really going to admit that but not admit that fathers essentially force their kids to marry who the father wants? you seem *really* naive. if we're talking about muslims whose parents were immigrants from muslim cultures e.g. pakistan, bangladesh, etc, then it is basically assured that they will do as their former culture demanded
    Yes muslims aren't allowed to date; what's your point? We have arranged marriages where our parents give us a choice to make between people they have found. But if we see someone we like then we can tell our parents (awkwardly) that we think we've found a potential partner.

Noone's forced into it; this happens not within muslims but within hindus and sikhs as well. It's a problem linked to the indo-pak region. But it's not a majority at all. It's a probably in the minority; I'm from these regions so I know this. You're white so you probably have no idea what goes on in my part of the world except your propaganda.

Also, forced marriages aren't valid under islamic law. If they don't have express consent, then it's forbidden for them to be together. The parents will get the sin for forcing the kids to get married.

ReputationRep:
    He's just looking out for you. Especially if you are a female. 99.9% of muslim guys WILL try and force you to convert if you date them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc;[url="tel:64704889")
    64704889[/url]]why don't they let their kids date? or do they chose who their boyfriend is?
    Lol, the parents forbid them to date because they're muslim. Dating is outright forbidden in Islam. But just like all religions, not everyone's religious and so some people just date before marriage regardless of religion.

People need to stop thinking of Islam as one entity. The muslim world SHOULD think as one and act as one and practice all the rules but in practise, it's not there at all. Quite the opposite actually.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is not a race.
    Don't know why some people think only Pakistani people can be Muslims.
    My friends parents are muslim and they're black and white people.
    No he is not being racist, just discriminating.
    But either way some religions say their children can't date people who aren't their religion - would people find an issue there? Most likely not

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.