Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, do you prefere alpha or beta women? Watch

I don't subscribe to this dichotomy

ReputationRep:
    Gamma.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure those describe alpha or beta...
    alpha and beta are about personality
    Alpha female is just loutish and aggressive, either with friends, romance, work...
    Beta are the more classy, well spoken females who seem to have good upbringing and bother cleaning their nails
    I take beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Some of us caught that before the edit :lol:

I prefer people who tell me when something bothers them, people who have basic respect for themselves, myself and other people, people who have a decent sense of humor and curiosity, and take pride in their appearance.

Nothing else is of interest.

Are you trying to steal her away from me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truthteller10)
    I prefer girls with fat asses
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I am most attracted to submissive looking females, but I'm not very into introverted girls because I'm introverted myself so there is often a lack of conversation, and often they are scared/intimidated too much when I try to chat them up.

I like extroverted girls, but not too extraverted.
    Personality wise I am not an alpha male, but I'm not a beta either. Somewhere in between. I prefer submissive looking females as I do not want to be dominated by a female in a relationship. The only time I like dominant females is when they are a few years older than me. To me that is acceptable as for some reason I tend to link age with dominance and respect. Having a girl like 5 years younger than me wear the trousers is a big no no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truthteller10)
    Are you trying to steal her away from me?
    Yep, already planning her prison escape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you like alpha women who are confident, can be independant and set themselves goals and go out to achieve them (ie in their career, at the gym) or do you prefer beta women who don't have drive and will do anything people tell them to?
    i'd have to go alpha so that you can just run off of each other's momentum if you fail on something your partner can give you that push so that you can carry on and finish the task at hand successfully

ReputationRep:
    Of course alpha, intelligence, assertiveness and achievement are attractive traits and not contradictory to femininity. But alpha doesn't need to be arrogance and aggressiveness, men or women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Some of us caught that before the edit :lol:

I prefer people who tell me when something bothers them, people who have basic respect for themselves, myself and other people, people who have a decent sense of humor and curiosity, and take pride in their appearance.

Nothing else is of interest.
    Apologies, but I must remain a humble Christian girl

(Original post by banterboy)
    I'm not sure i'd even apply those terms to women, let alone have the preference for one over the other evolutionarily the way women do.
    Oh i forgot, evolutionarily its all about a womans looks.

(Original post by 0to100)
    Not sure those describe alpha or beta...
    alpha and beta are about personality
    Alpha female is just loutish and aggressive, either with friends, romance, work...
    Beta are the more classy, well spoken females who seem to have good upbringing and bother cleaning their nails
    I take beta
    Im sure some alpha's clean their nails too, and bite them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailred)
    I prefer Alpha.

Don't get the wrong idea of what Alpha and beta is. It's pretty much based around leadership Rather than goals and confidence.

Look at animal packs for example. All of the Betas hype up, fight for food and dominance amongst the other Betas. They can be seen as confident and goal driven. However the Alpha is the one that leads the pack, makes sure everyone is fed and in line. Being an Alpha is pretty much being a leader.
    Hate to tell you. Most animal "packs" are family units, the ones in charge are the parents.

In the rare instance non-related animal groups (such as bachelor groups) betas will keep trying to be the alpha and typically being the alpha in that situation will vastly shrink your life expectancy, you're either killed by what used to be a beta or you get so worn down you're not strong enough to be the alpha anymore and smacked down to being a beta again.

The whole alpha beta omega thing is bull anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    Hate to tell you. Most animal "packs" are family units, the ones in charge are the parents.

In the rare instance non-related animal groups (such as bachelor groups) betas will keep trying to be the alpha and typically being the alpha in that situation will vastly shrink your life expectancy, you're either killed by what used to be a beta or you get so worn down you're not strong enough to be the alpha anymore and smacked down to being a beta again.

The whole alpha beta omega thing is bull anyway.
    Oh ok. But the whole leadership thing still stands right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    Why would anyone want a person like this in their life?

Not that I agree with the alpha/beta thing anyway; it's a load of rubbish.
    Loads of guys do because it means a woman is submissive and feminine, apparently

Alpha
    like dominant women :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailred)
    Oh ok. But the whole leadership thing still stands right?
    Yeah, being a leader is the closest thing to a proper definition of an "alpha" in my opinion.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.