The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into woodhouse?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by life.of.pablo
Well it depends on the available space for certain subjects. I didn't have a place at woodhouse but on results day when I turned up with 4As and 6Bs they offered me a place. I got in for all my subjects (including maths) apart from economics because they didn't have space.

Thanks, your answer was very useful :smile:, when you came in did you have to do an interview? And how was it?
Original post by waagh
Thanks, your answer was very useful :smile:, when you came in did you have to do an interview? And how was it?
So the hall is set up for results day. They have tables for informal interviews where teachers go through your grades and the subjects you want to study and they tell you if you're accepted/rejected.
Reply 22
Original post by life.of.pablo
So the hall is set up for results day. They have tables for informal interviews where teachers go through your grades and the subjects you want to study and they tell you if you're accepted/rejected.

Hey, final question:colondollar:, can you clarify if they tell you on the day if you get in or not or do they contact you later on? Thanks again for the information.
Original post by waagh
Hey, final question:colondollar:, can you clarify if they tell you on the day if you get in or not or do they contact you later on? Thanks again for the information.
So either they tell you on the spot or say they'll give u a ring in the coming weeks
Original post by Profesh
Do you disagree that your point could effectively be paraphrased to, 'you may have been rejected by [insert institution] because they couldn't admit you', considering that a—however arbitrarily—finite number of places is implicit in the very definition of a selective admissions process?

If not, and providing that realisation deters you from making similarly jejeune observations in future, I will at least consider my time profitably wasted.

No no, no no.

Limited spaces isn't the only reason why people get rejected from places. They might simply not be up to the expected standard. Many places can admit as many people as they want, but don't. You think that if Woodhouse, for example, were able to double the amount of people they could accept, entry standards would fall to accommodate the increased numbers? No, they wouldn't.

You would be very kind to me to drop the pretentious language too. Reading posts from snotty babies like you gives me aneurisms. You probably spent like half an hour with your nose in a dictionary trying to find words to use to make you sound smart. It doesn't, it just makes you sound like a prick.

inb4 'Well that's just how I talk, not my problem if you're too dumb to understand it,' or similar.

100% BS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest