Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GMP apologise for allowing mock terrorist to shout 'Allahu Akbar' during simulation watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Does this means that nobody else can use the word "caliphate", or "jihad", or "behead"?
    I don't see where you managed to come up with that from what I said.
    Of course they can. My point was that "Allahu Akbar" is associated with Islam whether you like it or not. Since the rise of terrorism, it is quickly becoming associated with ISIS and co. Put two and two together and quickly the word becomes hijacked. Likewise the meaning of Caliphate and Jihad have been hijacked... Jihad is not to blow people up... jihad is a holy struggle and its primary meaning is a holy struggle against your ego. Caliphate is definitely not a reign of terror over the land; that was never the intention of a Caliphate. So people can use these words obviously, but learn the real Islamic meanings first instead of using them ignorantly and giving ISIS their foothold?

ReputationRep:
    god damn muslims need to grow a pair

sticks and stones will break my bones but words will scar me for life - islamic version

ReputationRep:
    Bit tasteless. And a silly mistake - they knew it would cause problems.

And the most recent act of terrorism in Manchester was of Irish origin, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    Of course they can. My point was that "Allahu Akbar" is associated with Islam whether you like it or not. Since the rise of terrorism, it is quickly becoming associated with ISIS and co. Put two and two together and quickly the word becomes hijacked. Likewise the meaning of Caliphate and Jihad have been hijacked... Jihad is not to blow people up... jihad is a holy struggle and its primary meaning is a holy struggle against your ego. Caliphate is definitely not a reign of terror over the land; that was never the intention of a Caliphate. So people can use these words obviously, but learn the real Islamic meanings first instead of using them ignorantly and giving ISIS their foothold?
    Well said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    In other news, GMP to be renamed, "Greater Manchester Cuckstabulary".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    You seem to think ISIS is the only islamic terror group out there. This is a map with countries affected by muslim terror (you can add Australia, Belgium and Ivory Coast to it) :

Most of the world lives under the terror of islam and there are hundreds of islamic terror groups that have nothing to do with daesh (plus countless individuals) ready to ''unleash the wrath of allah''. It is by far the most dangerous and disturbing ideology/cult in existence today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    Greater Manchester Police apologise for the use of the phrase 'Allahu Akbar' during the simulation of an ISIS terror attack inside a shopping centre.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...chester-attack

I don't see why GMP felt the need to apologise. The aim of a counter-terror simulation is realism. ISIS goons invariably shout 'Allahu Akbar' before blowing themselves up. The exercise is merely a reflection of what would likely happen if the threat were real.
    I think the apology is just an another example of the way people in this country attempt to deny the connection between Islam and ISIS.

Thoughts?
    lols GMP are quality trolls

ReputationRep:
    Greater Manchester Police apologise for the use of the phrase 'Allahu Akbar' during the simulation of an ISIS terror attack inside a shopping centre.

I don't see why GMP felt the need to apologise. The aim of a counter-terror simulation is realism. ISIS goons invariably shout 'Allahu Akbar' before blowing themselves up. The exercise is merely a reflection of what would likely happen if the threat were real.
    I think the apology is just an another example of the way people in this country attempt to deny the connection between Islam and ISIS.

Thoughts?
    what was he supposed to shout:

"hey everybody, dont mind me, I'm just here to blow you up "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    You seem to think ISIS is the only islamic terror group out there. This is a map with countries affected by muslim terror (you can add Australia, Belgium and Ivory Coast to it) :

Most of the world lives under the terror of islam and there are hundreds of islamic terror groups that have nothing to do with daesh (plus countless individuals) ready to ''unleash the wrath of allah''. It is by far the most dangerous and disturbing ideology/cult in existence today.
    So glad you called it Muslim Terror and not Islamic Terror. We've made a start
    I do not think ISIS is the only terror group out there but it seems to be the only one the media is fixated on. The "terror of Islam"...listen to yourself?
    So 1.5 Billion muslims are living under the terror of Islam. Over 1/7th of the world is currently being terrorised by some AWFUL terrorising ancient religion that strikes FEAR in the heart of everyone who speaks its name. Oh yes! that's Islam isn't it buddy? Islam the religion of terror? I'm sorry but do you hear yourself? Islam freaking MEANS peace dude? Peace - The religion of terror.. sounds like a messed up movie to me.

Bloody hell mate I can't even be asked to refute your claim... you're a clear troll... "ideology/cult"... "wrath of Allah". All I can say mate is that if you REALLY believe that in your heart... then why the hell aren't you dead yet? If every Muslim is following this "cult" (that you've made up)... you would be dead. Get out of your ridiculous imagination son.

P.S. Assuming "Erebor" refers to Middle Earth's Erebor; you should change your name. Tolkien would want nothing to do with you.

ReputationRep:
    You agree with that nonsense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    You agree with that nonsense?
    It's not nonsense, it just requires some thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)

Add a link to the map so we can see what it clearly represents.

ReputationRep:
    I think it may be more due to the fact that a terror attack can be caused by anyone, not just ISIS (considering that the majority of terror attacks carried out globally are caused by non-Muslims/groups which do not affiliate themselves with Islam). For example, I doubt that Anders Breivik shouted out Allahu Akbar before killing 69 people. Therefore, it wasn't necessary in a training exercise for that to happen.
    If the purpose of this activity was to be realistic then it should not be assumed that the only terror risk is something like ISIS. Are they a threat? Yes. Are they the only threat? No. Have all recent threats been ISIS? No, but that is how the media portrays it.

ReputationRep:
    My god, what else would an Islamic terrorist shout? "May I kill you"? These left wingers and their political correctness :/

ReputationRep:

Thoughts?
    If Muslims are too mentally challenged to keep themselves together over the training teams saying "Allahu Akbar" that shows how backwards and barbaric they really are

ReputationRep:
    When political correctness gets in the way of ACTUAL correctness, there is an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Why? That is, after all, what countless suicide bombers shriek as they go to their death taking the innocent victims with them.

To say I was getting tired of Muslim hypersensitivity would be understatement of the century. If only they were as offended by actual suicide bombings

ReputationRep:
    And I would add to that... pretty much all of us know that if we're standing in line at the airport or at a train station and someone starts shrieking "Allahu Akbar" it's probably a good time to start looking for cover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyreke)
    Do you have any evidence for this?
    Europe:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror...ffiliation.png

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-1...crease/6947200
    Read through and see how many deaths are religiously motivated attacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHABANA)
    Europe:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror...ffiliation.png

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-1...crease/6947200
    Read through and see how many deaths are religiously motivated attacks.
    450/452 suicide attacks in 2015 were driven by Islam.

http://www.examiner.com/article/stud...lim-extremists

77% of terror plots are driven by Islam.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/08/7...jihad-doctrine

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.