Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

CIE Business may 2016 exams watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    zz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derrickan)
    I'm not in the UK so I don't know if it was the same zone or code whatever. My paper 1 the first question was "distinguish between the difference of a strategy and a tactic" which we never learned ... But I tried to use my common sense. Was it the same for you guys ?
    Whoa. Do u do cie a level business? I dont remember studying anything about tht either.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's CIE and I know right! it's in the A2 syllabus as well but it was under the topics of objectives and such. It was the 1st question and it threw everyone off except the re sits who are studying it in A2. Also, our textbook didn't give an exact definition of a " strategy " or a " tactic" so I just guessed something and hopes for the best 😂Other than that, the overall paper was " okay" and so was the paper 2. I take it that it was different paper in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derrickan)
    Yeah it's CIE and I know right! it's in the A2 syllabus as well but it was under the topics of objectives and such. It was the 1st question and it threw everyone off except the re sits who are studying it in A2. Also, our textbook didn't give an exact definition of a " strategy " or a " tactic" so I just guessed something and hopes for the best 😂Other than that, the overall paper was " okay" and so was the paper 2. I take it that it was different paper in the UK?
    It's not place-wise actually. Schools choose the variants they want their kids to do. I am from India and i do the second variant. I think most people do the second variant. And dont worry if most people were unsure it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done cie a level business paper 32? I did it last week and I'm still thinking about this question that came up about evaluating a situation where the helicopter engine project in this rich country would only go through if you gave money to these government officials. I wasn't sure what they wanted exactly. Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminkicksass)
    Has anyone done cie a level business paper 32? I did it last week and I'm still thinking about this question that came up about evaluating a situation where the helicopter engine project in this rich country would only go through if you gave money to these government officials. I wasn't sure what they wanted exactly. Any thoughts?
    Oh yea, that's that 'facilitating payment' question, right? I wrote about how bribing can get them into trouble and all the negative effects it can have on the company. But also mentioned a few points on how it may not be a bad idea since the chances of people finding about the bribery may be low and if it gives them such a good start in the new market, it's not that bad.

I wasnt able to finish my paper. I wrote very little for the 5th and the last question, like a page each. I am worried. How do people finish this on time??

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's relieving I wrote about bribery too. I was just worried that i didn't really follow their question correctly, hahah cause I completely misunderstood a 20 point question last year at AS and lost a lot of marks for that.

I used to struggle with time a lot, especially for maths. But what I started doing is at the beginning whilst the invigulator is speaking I write the time on my hand that I should finish the first two questions and then the time for the next. Ofcourse you have to give around 40mins for the last one. I constantly get reminded that I need to finish at a certain time, so that I don't get carried away and write 2 pages for the first question, which is only 10 points, and write less and less for the rest.

It works for me atleast 😊. Also thank you for the feedback!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.