Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by me2*)
    The most epic movie yet
    Marvel movie*

ReputationRep:
    Didn't really enjoy the big fight scene as much as I would've hoped...? I went in completely team cap but I kind of feel sorry for Tony now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Marvel movie*
    Definitely made up for the disaster of age of ultron

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbyy1234)
    Didn't really enjoy the big fight scene as much as I would've hoped...? I went in completely team cap but I kind of feel sorry for Tony now.
    It was supposed to be that you couldn't pick a definite side, because they want people to continue liking both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themightysandu)
    It was supposed to be that you couldn't pick a definite side, because they want people to continue liking both

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I understand marvel for doing that. Although I feel sorry for Tony I do think I'm team cap because let's be honest everyone on that is freaking awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Rather bland and lifeless, as I've come to expect from a lot of the Marvel movies.

The main fight scene was a disappointment. The villain, as per usual in Marvel, was lacking any in depth backstory I could relate to. The bigger issues were glossed over to make room for another joke or two to get a cheap laugh. Random unlikely circumstances were abound just to try and make the movie mildly more dramatic. Oh, and don't even get me started on the new spiderman. At least black panther was cool, with a potentially really cool side-story to do with his kingdom, and I'm interested to see how his movie turns out.

It was at least partly redeemed by the end. To me that fight scene was so much better, both in drama and cinematography than the "main" one, and it was an interesting "twist" although not as much of a shock as they could have made it.

I guess three out of six movies from phase three being good isn't a bad record though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I understand marvel for doing that. Although I feel sorry for Tony I do think I'm team cap because let's be honest everyone on that is freaking awesome!
    I wonder which side a person picks says about them =P

I'd personally go with the side of the "billionaire, playboy, philanthropist", the man who is essentially a god, the wise king from a hidden advanced paradise, the most kick-ass non enhanced character in the franchise and yea, I'll just stay quiet about war machine. Oh, and spiderman, which even if I don't like the new one is still spiderman.

Considering the other option is two guys who should have died in the forties, one of who is brainwashed, a guy with a cool suit but not much fighting prowess, a petty thief, a whimpy pencil pusher and a guy with a bow who brings so little to the team I think he's just there to make up numbers.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, by the end I was caps side, just because black panther was, but Tony deserves the empathy.
    What was everyone's favourite scene?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dheorl)
    I wonder which side a person picks says about them =P

I'd personally go with the side of the "billionaire, playboy, philanthropist", the man who is essentially a god, the wise king from a hidden advanced paradise, the most kick-ass non enhanced character in the franchise and yea, I'll just stay quiet about war machine. Oh, and spiderman, which even if I don't like the new one is still spiderman.

Considering the other option is two guys who should have died in the forties, one of who is brainwashed, a guy with a cool suit but not much fighting prowess, a petty thief, a whimpy pencil pusher and a guy with a bow who brings so little to the team I think he's just there to make up numbers.
    I see it as 1. a man that actually has technical skill and accuracy with a bow and arrow instead of relying on man-made technology to fire weapons, who also is family orientated and non self absorbed like *cough *cough Tony. 2. a girl who has managed to overcome the biggest challenge of her life, loosing her best friend who helped her through her traumatic childhood. 3. you're right about two men dying in their forties haha but they fought valiantly during the world war which is not something many men can say 5. ant man is just epic so enough said

ReputationRep:
    I did like it, but I just wish they had the guts to kill off War Machine or any other character. A meaningful death would have the given the whole film a lot more heft.

ReputationRep:
    Well at least they killed off Peggy Carter, even though she was gonna die because she old, and also she has her own tv series.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely made up for the disaster of age of ultron
    I know it's a rare opinion, but Age of Ultron is still my favourite Marvel movie...

ReputationRep:
    Well at least they killed off Peggy Carter, even though she was gonna die because she old, and also she has her own tv series.
    Yeah, that doesn't count. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thaladan)
    I know it's a rare opinion, but Age of Ultron is still my favourite Marvel movie...
    Fair enough, just thought it lacked severity, because ultron should have taken over the entire world, killed a major avenger, and been a 2 part film

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, by the end I was caps side, just because black panther was, but Tony deserves the empathy.
    What was everyone's favourite scene?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I liked the moment after Steve and Sharon kiss and Sam and Bucky are like yessss cap well done

ReputationRep:
    I liked the moment after Steve and Sharon kiss and Sam and Bucky are like yessss cap well done
    Yeah that was awesome, mine were Spider-Man's awkward entrance into the fight, and T'challa chasing down Bucky in that tunnel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, just thought it lacked severity, because ultron should have taken over the entire world, killed a major avenger, and been a 2 part film

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe not quite the world but more damage than he did. Don't tell me pietro dying didn't upset you though!?

ReputationRep:
    I see it as 1. a man that actually has technical skill and accuracy with a bow and arrow instead of relying on man-made technology to fire weapons, who also is family orientated and non self absorbed like *cough *cough Tony. 2. a girl who has managed to overcome the biggest challenge of her life, loosing her best friend who helped her through her traumatic childhood. 3. you're right about two men dying in their forties haha but they fought valiantly during the world war which is not something many men can say 5. ant man is just epic so enough said
    Self absorbed Tony? The man who destroyed years of hard work and the things that were almost like his children just to try an improve his relationship with the woman who meant the world to him?

And sorry, but traumatic childhood? *cough* black widow =P

I guess perspective is everything. Both teams have people that rely on technology more than fighting skill (iron man, war machine, antman, falcon), but I think overall team iron man has more physical and mental prowess. Black Panther and Black Widow easily outclass the fighting skill of anyone on team Cp, and The Vision and Mr Stark have brains beyond to comprehension of half the other side. The Scarlet Witch is the only character on team Cp with any sort of real power, but is still just a product of what The Vision physically has in his head.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.