Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Marrying yourself-what's wrong with it? Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by chazwomaq)
    What do you do on the wedding night? Go upstairs and self-love furiously?
    What about kids???

(Original post by Quantex)
    Most teenage boys are already married to themselves, at least in practice if not legally, and share an intimate relationship with their hand. Eventually they commit adultery with those mysterious beings they were once scared of.. Women.
    I am a female. I am open to polygamy in that I might consider a relationship with another being in the future.

(Original post by chazwomaq)
    What do you do on the wedding night? Go upstairs and self-love furiously?
    :lol: You got it

(Original post by cherryred90s)
    The honeymoon would be so peaceful.
    Who better to make a lifelong commitment with than yourself? :love:
    This girl gets it. Oh, and stuffing yourself with as much food as you want and not having to worry about our body because you love yourself no matter what :love: #Truelove

ReputationRep:
    http://img.ifcdn.com/images/deb5f4a3...6108e7fb_1.gif

ReputationRep:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmzIcN4IMAApjDV.jpg

(Original post by Quantex)
    Most teenage boys are already married to themselves, at least in practice if not legally, and share an intimate relationship with their hand. Eventually they commit adultery with those mysterious beings they were once scared of.. Women.
    It begins with hand.. Small steps first.

Spoiler:
    Show

Shh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How so?
    There is no legal benefit to getting married these days. Plus a relationship shouldn't change after marriage, if a marriage was to last then the relationship without marriage should last too. So there's no real purpose of getting married other than just for the sake of it.

(Original post by Nadile)
    There is no legal benefit to getting married these days. Plus a relationship shouldn't change after marriage, if a marriage was to last then the relationship without marriage should last too. So there's no real purpose of getting married other than just for the sake of it.
    Marriage is precious. It's a sacred bond. Don't rain on my parade

It would be just as pointless as marrying a different person
    Someone seems a little bitter.

ReputationRep:
    Y'know, I think I will :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been thinking about it recently and it seems like a pretty good idea :/
    Your left hand isn't the most suitable of partners....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    What about kids???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA

Nothing tbh

Myself and I will buy a house in a leafy suburb, have children and grow old together. When I die, we both die. Simples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Someone seems a little bitter.
    I'm not. Hell, I might eventually get married myself. I'm just stating the fact that there is no real purpose to marriage, other than just doing it for the sake of having a wedding. Well, unless you're religious. Then I guess it actually has some meaning.

I'm not. Hell, I might eventually get married myself. I'm just stating the fact that there is no real purpose to marriage, other than just doing it for the sake of having a wedding. Well, unless you're religious. Then I guess it actually has some meaning.
    *your opinion. Never claim your opinion to be fact, that's just arrogant.

There are legal benefits that come of being married, it's not simply a religious state. Also a lot of people who get married do so because they want a wedding, as you say. But it's disposable to a lot of people too, and that's why it seems to be seen as pointless. Surely, though, people want to be legally recognised as being in a permanent relationship?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.