48.65%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reveen)
    but for the picture question it is 8.25
    it was £4.95 because ( scale factor)^2 x 13.75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higherdude)
    No one got a copy of the paper?
    Sorry I don't, Paper 1 was a disaster for me. Got A in prelim and "No award" in final. thanks SQA.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the grade boundaries are really low... I just want a C and then never have anything to do with maths again. If I fail I'll happily take the Nat 4 though lol and never take it again.

Either way I never have to do maths again!

ReputationRep:
    What did people do on the final question for paper 2? It was the one with the triangle and u needed to find angle ABC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schoolinglife)
    What did people do on the final question for paper 2? It was the one with the triangle and u needed to find angle ABC
    I used Pythagoras to get the length of the side of the triangle (7cm) then I did 6/4 * 7 to get 10.5 but I highly doubt it's right

ReputationRep:
    No one has a paper???

ReputationRep:
    c
    (Original post by schoolinglife)
    last question on p2 was finding the length ? well it was 6.8cm by using the cosine rule. For angle ABC i do believe it was 74 deg, because BC and AB were tangents to the circle

ReputationRep:
    Well for paper 2 on the last question I got 4cm..... I know I got it wrong lol, Because no way was side BC 4 cm lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A+Hunter)
    Well for paper 2 on the last question I got 4cm..... I know I got it wrong lol, Because no way was side BC 4 cm lol
    I also got 4, Im guessing you did what I did, I knew it was wrong because its not proportional. We messed up at the end of the calculations so we should get a fair couple of the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethan100)
    I also got 4, Im guessing you did what I did, I knew it was wrong because its not proportional. We messed up at the end of the calculations so we should get a fair couple of the marks
    Double sine rule? or Soh cah toa then sine rule?

Hopefully we'll pick up a few

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marina1264)
    Yes the first one was so bad hahaha can you remember what you got for the picture question in paper 2? I got 8.25 but apparently it's wrong cause it's to do with area? Oops haha
    no i got that too but it is asking for the cost so we should be right xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethan100)
    I got that too lol I hated that first paper everyone at Calderside Academy and Hamilton Grammar hated it also!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeolk)
    c

last question on p2 was finding the length ? well it was 6.8cm by using the cosine rule. For angle ABC i do believe it was 74 deg, because BC and AB were tangents to the circle
    I also got 74 degrees
    im so glad its over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do not understand the whole 4. whatever for the scale factor question because they were talking about length to price.

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/SumTeacherWeb?lang=en-gb Solutions page posted on Twitter, paper 1 is up and I did horrible, paper 2 to come. THIS WAS SHOCKING.

ReputationRep:
    No - The questions have to be written onto the question paper and handed in

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone,

If you're in agreement that paper 1 was hard in comparison to previous years/specimen papers, please show your support by signing the petition started by students to raise awareness to SQA.

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-qu...edium=copylink

ReputationRep:
    @SumTeacherWeb on Twitter has posted the solutions to both of the Nat 5 papers if any of you are wanting to see the answers!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.