Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Travy)
    yeah that and learn supply demand definition and few diagrams I reckon
    Look up idk tuition on YouTube he goes through each question and how to gain marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've not revised either ive just started now. Its the third time i've sat this paper now and I haven't studied economics in over a year haha fml.
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    Done like no revision for this what do you reckon is the best thing to do now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t/struggleisreal)
    I've not revised either ive just started now. Its the third time i've sat this paper now and I haven't studied economics in over a year haha fml.
    Same I'm not even taking it at a2 and just now realised cause of the a level reforms no unis are actually looking at the grade of the as level you dropped

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    Done like no revision for this what do you reckon is the best thing to do now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsegirl13)
    hi guys, would anyone know why the answer to this is b?
    use the formula
    c+i+g(x-m)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omichael)
    use the formula
    c+i+g(x-m)
    No tha is a macro forumla. The reason the answer is B- add the external benefits and private benefits together for each one. Add the external costs and private costs for each one. Then for each box e.g hospital- SB-SC= 260 which is the greatest value in comparison to the others and this means welfare is maxed most for B hospitals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEgirl13)
    Hi guys, would anyone know why the answer to this is B?

Hey... The reason the answer is B- add the external benefits and private benefits together for each one then Add the external costs and private costs for each one. Then for each box e.g hospital- SB (pb + eb) -SC (p+ec)= 260 which is the greatest value in comparison to the others and this means welfare is maxed most for B hospitals.

ReputationRep:
    I pray to god the housing market doesnt come up its the only topic i didnt revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nayana71)
    I pray to god the housing market doesnt come up its the only topic i didnt revise
    For any market you need to be aware of market failures and government intervention. Regardless of the market you should be able to answer any question related to any topic if you are comfortable with those. The extract also provides plenty of information.

ReputationRep:
    I would say have a brief look as it hasn't come up for a couple of years..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    For any market you need to be aware of market failures and government intervention. Regardless of the market you should be able to answer any question related to any topic if you are comfortable with those. The extract also provides plenty of information.
    I can come up with strong analysis points (how gov can intervene etc) thats not a problem for the housing market my only problem is evaluation, i dont know how i would evaluate it.

ReputationRep:
    I can come up with strong analysis points (how gov can intervene etc) thats not a problem for the housing market my only problem is evaluation, i dont know how i would evaluate it.
    Evaluation is the same approach as with any other
    market (government failure vs market failure, criticising government intervention, short run vs long run )

ReputationRep:
    i did context 2 and messed up the third question urghhhhhhh. what did everyone get for the PES? ans what were your main points?

the paper was soooo good but that third question will probably ruin everything for me

ReputationRep:
    i did context 2 and messed up the third question urghhhhhhh. what did everyone get for the PES? ans what were your main points?

the paper was soooo good but that third question will probably ruin everything for me
    Got 1.9 for the PES. But I think I messed up I struggled to think of factors that affected the PES. In the question I defined supply and demand and done the calculation and that, but my explanations were so weak, I didn't even know what to say

ReputationRep:

I got +1.9

I talked about spare capacity.
    Long run and short run in terms of fixed and variable factors of production such as land.

What did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What were some of your points in context 2 25 mark essay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ie123)
    What were some of your points in context 2 25 mark essay
    For Subsidy - Merit Good - e.g under produced and consumed
    - Subsidy Diagram
    Pos Externality diagram

Against - oportunity Cost
    Subsidy could be spent elsewhere

My against point and conclusion were so weak I ran out of time and they were so short. Did not even do diagram for against point

ReputationRep:
    Oh no i think i put +0.5 for the elastcity.... I didnt finish my 25 mark essay and i messed up the third question

ReputationRep:
    You know for the MPC question where it had the PPF for country X and Y was the answer greater for country X than or Y?

ReputationRep:
    You know for the MPC question where it had the PPF for country X and Y was the answer greater for country X than or Y?
    Is greater for country Y than for Country X

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.