Can I still get all A*s for my GCSEs by working very hard starting from NOW?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenstaviciutte)
    No, I haven't done GCSEs. However, I did equivalents to GCSEs because I didn't live in the UK then. All the subjects were the same. From my experience, I can tell it is impossible.
    Shut up please.Don't you discourage him/her.They have left it late,yet it is still possible to get A/A* grades if they work efficiently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themathsgeek)
    yes, I did my GCSEs last year and I didn't revise until the day before and I received:
    Maths (method): A*
    Maths (applied): A*
    English Lang: A
    English Lit: A
    Physics: A*
    Chem: A*
    Biology: A*
    RE: A*
    Drama: A
    Astrology: A*
    Business: A*
    ICT: A*
    Latin: A*
    Psychology: A*

I am now happily finishing AS Levels (physics, maths/mechanics, chemistry and psychology) being predicted all As. I wouldn't risk it as it's not advisable- just do past papers
    Im leaving one day before the exam for past papers, because I thought I need the knowledge more than the past papers!!

Advice please?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not straight A*s but if you have been listening all year round and you understand the majority of the topics then you can certainly still do well! Just make sure you find a perfect cramming technique and you literally do work as hard as you can from this literal minute onwards then you should be okay! Im doing AS levels now and literally all of my teachers say that GCSEs are just a cram the night before and learn set answers, its A levels that are the tricky ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeeves CP)
    You just made my day!
    Glad to hear it Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What do you think?
    Mate exams are all about cramming. What you learnt in January is absolutely useless if you waste the last few days before ur exams. So starting now will be absolutely fine. You gotta go hard tho. Go hard or go home, I'm serious.

ReputationRep:
    Im leaving one day before the exam for past papers, because I thought I need the knowledge more than the past papers!!

Advice please?
    yeah, that sounds sensible. Make sure you do get past paper time as you will learn to what type of questions they'll ask you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    Shut up please.Don't discourage him/her.They have left it late,yet it is still possible to get A/A* grades if they work efficiently

*Him

Thank you, angel

ReputationRep:
    yeah, that sounds sensible. Make sure you do get past paper time as you will learn to what type of questions they'll ask you

Thank you so much

ReputationRep:

Advice please?
    The CGP revision guides are honestly so so good, I learnt them from cover to cover and they literally go over in enough detail everything that you need to know, seriously. Learning my class notes just don't work for me because i always have a thing niggling in the back of my mind that they aren't reliable or i have written down the wrong thing/ not in enough detail. I need 100% correct notes and the textbook we use in lessons are too detailed so CGP where everything is condensed to the perfect amount is the way to go!
    Also, use the past papers to revise now! Don't wait till the last day for the, they help you see which topic you need to focus more on and which ones you are confident enough with!
    Hope this helped and good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm certainly not discouraging them at all- this is from my own personal experience.
    I'm sorry i didn't mean to be rude,i just feel a bit frustrated because some idiots put me down for not revising earlier,yet i work much better with cramming(got a good short term memory)

ReputationRep:
    I think this gentlemen/ kind lady has been referring to someone else, not you!

But thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    No one can tell you in all honesty, it will come down to where you are now and what you can do in the next few days. It's always possible to improve though so if you work effectively you will definitely be in a better position thab you are now. Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Put in about 25 hours each day and you'll get all As.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    You can do it!!! Many people can cram the night before and still come out with great grades.

If you got those very high grades for your mocks with no revision, you can get much higher than that with some revision squeezed in.
    ^I second that

I'm a prime example, I revised the night before for all of my exams and even went to concerts during exam season but ended up with all A/A*s. Its about how much info youre confident with already and spending more time on the topics you struggle with.

Goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    No. your dreams are over your life will be shattered and filled with a myriad of loathing and self regret. you're a failure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenstaviciutte)
    No, I haven't done GCSEs. However, I did equivalents to GCSEs because I didn't live in the UK then. All the subjects were the same. From my experience, I can tell it is impossible.
    GCSEs are ridiculously easy lol

ReputationRep:
    You can revise the day before and get A*s, might seem stupid but honestly thats how the naturally smart people pull it off. Read the content, do past papers and look at mark schemes because questions are constantly recycled and even if you get a differently worded one, you know the style of writing the examiners expect.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think?
    Depends on if you have any coursework and if you bothered in that. Exams are easy enough after cramming revision, should be able to get at least A's

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's are easy so it's easily possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    You can do it!!! Many people can cram the night before and still come out with great grades.

If you got those very high grades for your mocks with no revision, you can get much higher than that with some revision squeezed in.
    Thanks bro!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.