Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    But does this plan not run into the problem that some theorise is the reason for the "low" turnout at the election before last: people get tired about being told about the MHoC and then ignore correspondence when we want them to interact

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats my idea of having some subtle adverts; maybe political discussions, polls, 'games' which integrate the relationship between the MHOC and UK Politics, so people see what we are really like- as sometimes I sadly think that people believe they have to be as smart as someone with a PHD Politics to be a member of our house, which we clearly know isn't the case!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I'm stuck between Jammy, LP or Nigel to shut one of them up and Fez because he would actually be a good Speaker:lol:
    Oi!!!!! Vote for the no nonsense, iron fist which is Aph and crack down on all the pettiness in the house!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Adored by the CT :laugh:. Now I remember why I proposed to you, you're a funny man, Life_peer.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Questions to
    Mobbsy and JD
    - Why stand for speaker if your a potential party leader ?
    Life_Peer
    Why Stand for speaker if you have just been made PM ?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Thats my idea of having some subtle adverts; maybe political discussions, polls, 'games' which integrate the relationship between the MHOC and UK Politics, so people see what we are really like- as sometimes I sadly think that people believe they have to be as smart as someone with a PHD Politics to be a member of our house, which we clearly know isn't the case!
    You know as well as I do that the CT wouldn't want to advertise the MHoC as much as we'd wish them to do, sadly. Many people in the UK Politics forum don't even come into the MHoC; our wee place doesn't even mock the real HoC properly.

I don't know, Airmed, there's not one Natalie Dormer .gif on my wall...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Questions to
    Mobbsy and JD
    - Why stand for speaker if your a potential party leader ?
    Life_Peer
    Why Stand for speaker if you have just been made PM ?
    Clearly you can join QQ's club of being pro at telling apart serious and joke candidates

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I don't know, Airmed, there's not one Natalie Dormer .gif on my wall...
    My laptop is away for repairs. Lemme get my tablet out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    You know as well as I do that the CT wouldn't want to advertise the MHoC as much as we'd wish them to do, sadly. Many people in the UK Politics forum don't even come into the MHoC; our wee place doesn't even mock the real HoC properly.
    Thats why I would continue to put pressure on them, capitalising on the EU Referendum plans which QC is looking at to put in place a mini stream of activity to us. We need our image in UK Politics to change, and that can only happen by MHOC members integrating and discussing with them and showing them, that we are regular people with a political interest!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    toronto353

My good friend - I do believe it is not 2015.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    We have a lot of worthy members standing, this is going to be a good fight! Good luck to everyone

Very important question QQ- as obviously activity is vital to ensuring the activity and future of our house. I actually remember sometime in the last 2 years [Don't have the exact date] that we actually talked about increasing MP numbers to 60 or 65, and I believe there was a amendment for it [Potentially put forward by Petros] and I would like to get activity to that level!

Thats a typical political response, I haven't yet answered the question I would want to use my role as part of the Community Team, as part of my remit is UK Politics, I would want to reach out further, do some integrated events getting people interested and see what goes on in the house. As well, I would like to discuss with QC etc the potential for site wide adverts etc!

Thanks
    Thanks for answering. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Oi!!!!! Vote for the no nonsense, iron fist which is Aph and crack down on all the pettiness in the house!
    Of course, my previous post was in reference to my hypothetical second preference vote

My laptop is away for repairs. Lemme get my tablet out.
    I look forward to it. :mmm:

By the way, toronto353, the thread title reads 'May 2015.' :beard:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aph
    After your failed attempts at running for speaker last time what makes you think you will do any better next Time ?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    toronto353

(Original post by Hydeman)
    I look forward to it. :mmm:

By the way, toronto353, the thread title reads 'May 2015.' :beard:
    Shhhhhhh if you don't mention it, no-one will notice :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Life_peer Airmed Jammy Duel Aph

More out of curiosity than anything, can I ask why you didn't announced your candidature before now, were you building the suspense?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thats why I would continue to put pressure on them, capitalising on the EU Referendum plans which QC is looking at to put in place a mini stream of activity to us. We need our image in UK Politics to change, and that can only happen by MHOC members integrating and discussing with them and showing them, that we are regular people with a political interest!
    Pressure on the CT when you know how much pressure they are already under as it is since it's exam time?

(Original post by RayApparently)
    toronto353

I think our Deputy has been a bit heavy handed with the alcohol in your old office.

ReputationRep:
    Pressure on the CT when you know how much pressure they are already under as it is since it's exam time?

I think our Deputy has been a bit heavy handed with the alcohol in your old office.
    All in good time

ReputationRep:
    Jammy Duel mobbsy91 Seeing as you're both self-declared joke candidates, what would you do if you actually won? Would you resign immediately or actually take on the role?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Life_peer Airmed Jammy Duel Aph

More out of curiosity than anything, can I ask why you didn't announced your candidature before now, were you building the suspense?
    I just felt like it was my business. I didn't want to surprise anyone.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.