Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    Yes. I've always been conscious of God, but I've never been religious or taken a genuine interest in learning more up until this year.

Last year I had a lot of questions that consumed my thoughts every single day, such as the reasons for our existence, the entire universe etc. I eventually spent a lot of time researching, looked into different religions and made up my mind. I found the answers I needed to know.

Everyone has their own beliefs (or lack thereof) and experiences. From my personal experience, my life has improved SO much since I started acknowledging God and seeking help through patience and prayer. I haven't felt grief since.
    I can't explain it in the way I want to, but my life has drastically improved in so many ways.
    Why do you believe in God then? How has it improved your life?

ReputationRep:
    Love the fact that you are discussing about God and concurrently having a semi-naked woman as your profile picture.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I believe in God, but I'm not religious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseFries)
    Love the fact that you are discussing about God and concurrently having a semi-naked woman as your profile picture.
    Why is that an issue?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why would I believe and worship something that was written over 2000 years ago, and hasn't been adapted to suit modern times? Also, I don't like looking like an idiot when I pray to the air, there is no proof that God exists, all proof that has been discovered is against God existing. In this kind of world, seeing really is believing.

ReputationRep:
    Yessss, I do!

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    nope
    really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    really?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciaranh98)
    Why would I believe and worship something that was written over 2000 years ago, and hasn't been adapted to suit modern times? Also, I don't like looking like an idiot when I pray to the air, there is no proof that God exists, all proof that has been discovered is against God existing. In this kind of world, seeing really is believing.
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    I believe in God, but I'm not religious.
    How so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseFries)
    Only certain versions of God would have an issue with that, not all.

ReputationRep:
    poll?

yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    poll?

yes
    How do I add a poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    How do I add a poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i believe it would be in tools next to the page numbers up there? ^^^

i believe in some form of higher being(s) BUT I don't conform to any religion...

ReputationRep:
    Yes I don't believe that this earth came about as chance SOMEONE must have created it. Also I can't believe our purpose is to live then die there must be a purpose for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    i believe in some form of higher being(s) BUT I don't conform to any religion...
    I thought you were Muslim or am I confusing you with someone else?

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I thought you were Muslim or am I confusing you with someone else?
    Nope! If I had to be religious, I am greek Orthodox Christian. ^_^
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    How so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I kind of beluve that there is a higher being, but I don't follow my religion, do rituals or pray.

There are some things that I/science cannot explain yet, so I cannot deny God. I don't know maybe what I think as God is more powerful civilisation, or aliens....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    I kind of beluve that there is a higher being, but I don't follow my religion, do rituals or pray.

There are some things that I/science cannot explain yet, so I cannot deny God. I don't know maybe what I think as God is more powerful civilisation, or aliens....
    So you believe in aliens?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    So you believe in aliens?
    Yes I do I think they exist. (Was it the wrong answer?)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.