Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teachers telling me things.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahida sulaiman)
    then ther might be something wrong with how u study or revise try changing that
    dunno what to do i've tried most things, diagrams spider webs, flashcards, past papers nothing works
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    try making notes and asking others like ur friends if u dont understand anything !!!!!!maybe that might help!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahida sulaiman)
    try making notes and asking others like ur friends if u dont understand anything !!!!!!maybe that might help!!!!
    pffff i tried explaining stuff to my friends.... didn't work
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    why !!!!!! is it because they are not good in explaining ??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Moisty)
    Both my physics teachers told me i should drop physics and told me in the kindest possible way that i'm retarded even though i work hard.
    That's pathetic. My advice is do everything in your ability to prove them wrong.

I remember in college I had to take a lot of time off because my mum was v ill. One of my teachers told me to drop out and said that I wouldn't amount to anything basically (nasty old c**t).
    At the time, I didn't think I was capable of where I am now but I'm about to graduate with a great degree and more prospects than I'd ever have thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    That's pathetic. My advice is do everything in your ability to prove them wrong.

I remember in college I had to take a lot of time off because my mum was v ill. One of my teachers told me to drop out and said that I wouldn't amount to anything basically (nasty old c**t).
    At the time, I didn't think I was capable of where I am now but I'm about to graduate with a great degree and more prospects than I'd ever have thought.
    I have, there's almost nothing more i can physically do to work any harder.

See the things is you can work hard and get results
    however that's not the way things work with me, i can work hard all day and still not understand a thing.
    You're more talented than me so you can learn things easier.
    Also you weren't past the point of no return when you bounced back from your lows

ReputationRep:
    Both my physics teachers told me i should drop physics and told me in the kindest possible way that i'm retarded even though i work hard.
    Hey.. can I ask you HOW you study?
    The real trick is to study smart not necessarily study hard. It shouldn't be memorizing, but more of understanding the concept.
    If someone asked you a question out of the blue, you should recall it with ease... like a story.
    If it's not the content you struggle with, maybe it's your answering.
    It might all be technique. Try to see your weak points and recover them. Either way it will help you on the long run, even if you end up dropping physics.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I have, there's almost nothing more i can physically do to work any harder.

See the things is you can work hard and get results
    however that's not the way things work with me, i can work hard all day and still not understand a thing.
    You're more talented than me so you can learn things easier.
    Also you weren't past the point of no return when you bounced back from your lows
    Which means you are not understanding the subject at a basic level.

You should have just studied one chapter or topic and see what grades you achieved with that. If it wasnt good enough go back, relearn, then retest. Keep doing it till you improve. Your teacher should help you, but that should have been at the beginning. presumably you did ok at GCSE? Its the same principle.

Anyway you made the decision to drop it. Much better to do soemthing you enjoy and then you tend to do well in it.

ReputationRep:
    retarded little quezzle

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.