ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Like chocolate digestives.
    You disgust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Why?

inb4 morally wrong. Why is it?
    I just feel as though it is unhealthy. It disturbs a parent-child bond; I just feel it is probably potentially quite psychologically damaging. I guess I can see why you would say you don't care and stuff and I suppose my corner is hard to support really. Meh, I don't think its really something that people should be getting up to - that's not really how blood relationships are shaped across nature.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Why?

inb4 morally wrong. Why is it?
    I just personally feel that anything sexual with a relative is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    If a ~50 year-old man marries and screws a 9 year-old girl, is that acceptable?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yes, completely fine. Consenting adults can do as they please in the bedroom.

(Original post by Harvey Dent)
    If a ~50 year-old man marries and screws a 9 year-old girl, is that acceptable?
    Err...back then it was normal, no one look down on it, and Aisha (RA) was a grown mature woman, hot climates back then accelerated the puberty process. Get out here, islamophobe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Err...back then it was normal, no one look down on it, and Aisha (RA) was a grown mature woman, hot climates back then accelerated the puberty process. Get out here, islamophobe.
    Everything you said is *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean everyone who grows up in a hot country will be fully adult by the age of 9?

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP is trying a bit of relative moralism. He is most likely trying to justify some nasty stuff done by religious people like blowing people up, child abuse, forced marriages, concealing abuse, joining terrorist organisation etc by making non religious people look immoral.

Morality doesn't work that way.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you assume Atheists have the same morals?

Some Atheists don't care about incest or who engages in incest.

Some Atheists are probably against the idea and some probably support it.

As an agnostic atheist I find incest disgusting, however if two people want to engage in incest, I don't care. I personally wouldn't do it but I wouldn't say it's morally wrong. Consensual incest is fine and it's none of my business.

Cousin marriages were (and still are) normal to people, which is a form of incest to me. It's all about culture.

(Original post by claireestelle)
    I just personally feel that anything sexual with a relative is wrong.
    But would you say that this is your feeling only with respect to yourself (i.e. you wouldn't yourself dream of doing anything sexual with a relative) or would you object to others doing it, on moral grounds? :holmes:

Wow. And I thought I'd seen it all when it came to Internet forum apologetics.

Plantagenet Crown The Epicurean

ReputationRep:
    if my bro was henry cavill id be all over that

ReputationRep:
    No. Is this a troll thread?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    But would you say that this is your feeling only with respect to yourself (i.e. you wouldn't yourself dream of doing anything sexual with a relative) or would you object to others doing it, on moral grounds? :holmes:

Object to others doing it for definite

As for your question: I've already said that I agree with insert-username's answer. To try to obtain from me a one-word answer with no elaboration suggests to me that the poster below has it right about your motive for asking this in the first place.
    (Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed)
    Is this an attempt to show that [insert any religion here] is morally superior if (some) atheists don't mind 'socially-unacceptable' behaviors being conducted?
    That appears to be the case:

Guys, atheists believe it is acceptable for a 25 year old consenting able and capable son to engage in sexual relationships with his own father, so long as they are both adults and both consent.I'm not even kidding here, they believe it is morally acceptable.

Thread:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3195447

(Original post by claireestelle)
    Object to others doing it for definite
    Hmm, fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find the idea of incest pleasant but if they are both overage and both fully and properly consenting then I see no problem with them doing so in the privacy of their own home.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. And I thought I'd seen it all when it came to Internet forum apologetics.

Plantagenet Crown The Epicurean
    Lol, apparently Saudi Arabia no longer has a hot climate :lol:

ReputationRep:
    That appears to be the case:
    Well, as an atheist, I don't care what others do in their own privacy. As long as it involves consenting adults and no one gets harmed, any kind of relationship is acceptable. No magic book is ever going to tell me what to do; after all, if we truly have free will, we don't need a book to dictate how we live.

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe it is morally acceptable for a consenting , and informed consenting 25 yer old son to have sex with his 55 year old informed consenting father, as an atheist?
    Morality is subjective and unique to each individual - regardless of what belief or lack of belief they have. In my opinion your example is disgusting and I would never take part in or support such a thing, but in someone else's opinion it might be considered moral. Being an atheist changes nothing.

This is a ridiculous and pointless question. I could ask you; as a moslem, do you think it's acceptable for a middle aged man to marry a 6 year old girl? It's equally pointless though.

EDIT: Harvey beat me to it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.