Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tawheed
Like chocolate digestives.

You disgust me.
Original post by Zargabaath
Why?

inb4 morally wrong. Why is it?

I just feel as though it is unhealthy. It disturbs a parent-child bond; I just feel it is probably potentially quite psychologically damaging. I guess I can see why you would say you don't care and stuff and I suppose my corner is hard to support really. Meh, I don't think its really something that people should be getting up to - that's not really how blood relationships are shaped across nature.
Original post by Zargabaath
Why?

inb4 morally wrong. Why is it?

I just personally feel that anything sexual with a relative is wrong.
If a ~50 year-old man marries and screws a 9 year-old girl, is that acceptable?
Yes, completely fine. Consenting adults can do as they please in the bedroom.
Original post by Harvey Dent
If a ~50 year-old man marries and screws a 9 year-old girl, is that acceptable?

Err...back then it was normal, no one look down on it, and Aisha (RA) was a grown mature woman, hot climates back then accelerated the puberty process. Get out here, islamophobe.
Original post by Anonymous
Err...back then it was normal, no one look down on it, and Aisha (RA) was a grown mature woman, hot climates back then accelerated the puberty process. Get out here, islamophobe.

Everything you said is *******s.
Reply 27

Does that mean everyone who grows up in a hot country will be fully adult by the age of 9?
Reply 28
I think the OP is trying a bit of relative moralism. He is most likely trying to justify some nasty stuff done by religious people like blowing people up, child abuse, forced marriages, concealing abuse, joining terrorist organisation etc by making non religious people look immoral.

Morality doesn't work that way.
Why do you assume Atheists have the same morals?

Some Atheists don't care about incest or who engages in incest.

Some Atheists are probably against the idea and some probably support it.

As an agnostic atheist I find incest disgusting, however if two people want to engage in incest, I don't care. I personally wouldn't do it but I wouldn't say it's morally wrong. Consensual incest is fine and it's none of my business.

Cousin marriages were (and still are) normal to people, which is a form of incest to me. It's all about culture.
Original post by claireestelle
I just personally feel that anything sexual with a relative is wrong.

But would you say that this is your feeling only with respect to yourself (i.e. you wouldn't yourself dream of doing anything sexual with a relative) or would you object to others doing it, on moral grounds? :holmes:

Wow. And I thought I'd seen it all when it came to Internet forum apologetics.

@Plantagenet Crown @The Epicurean
(edited 7 years ago)
if my bro was henry cavill id be all over that
No. Is this a troll thread?
Original post by Hydeman
But would you say that this is your feeling only with respect to yourself (i.e. you wouldn't yourself dream of doing anything sexual with a relative) or would you object to others doing it, on moral grounds? :holmes:

Object to others doing it for definite
Original post by Hydeman

As for your question: I've already said that I agree with insert-username's answer. To try to obtain from me a one-word answer with no elaboration suggests to me that the poster below has it right about your motive for asking this in the first place.

Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed
Is this an attempt to show that [insert any religion here] is morally superior if (some) atheists don't mind 'socially-unacceptable' behaviors being conducted?

That appears to be the case:

Original post by Tawheed
Guys, atheists believe it is acceptable for a 25 year old consenting able and capable son to engage in sexual relationships with his own father, so long as they are both adults and both consent.I'm not even kidding here, they believe it is morally acceptable.

Thread:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3195447
Original post by claireestelle
Object to others doing it for definite

Hmm, fair enough.
I don't find the idea of incest pleasant but if they are both overage and both fully and properly consenting then I see no problem with them doing so in the privacy of their own home.
Original post by Hydeman
Wow. And I thought I'd seen it all when it came to Internet forum apologetics.

@Plantagenet Crown @The Epicurean

Lol, apparently Saudi Arabia no longer has a hot climate :lol:
That appears to be the case:

Well, as an atheist, I don't care what others do in their own privacy. As long as it involves consenting adults and no one gets harmed, any kind of relationship is acceptable. No magic book is ever going to tell me what to do; after all, if we truly have free will, we don't need a book to dictate how we live.
Reply 39
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I don't find the idea of incest pleasant but if they are both overage and both fully and properly consenting then I see no problem with them doing so in the privacy of their own home.

What if they were open, promoted it, and engaged in kissing in day to day life publicly as well as recorded it? Is that morally acceptable?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending