Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    40. I don't want to get old, and I don't want to see people close to me die.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Today would be nice but wouldn't mind tomorrow either...
    Why so optimistic?

ReputationRep:
    Surprise me

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want to.

ReputationRep:
    The day I can't wipe my own arse

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want to die, the thought of not living scares me...

ReputationRep:
    When I am about 700.
    On second thoughts make it 7000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    What can I say?

(Original post by AnIndianGuy)
    The day I can't wipe my own arse
    So when you were a baby?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Have hard about this woman. 116 year, that is an unbelievable age. It is even said that she is the oldest human in human history, but if I am not mistaken, wasn't there a human who got even 123 years?

Personally, I don't intend to live so long and so in three different centuries. 60 years at the minimum, 70 years at the maximum. The destiny has my whole life in control. Till to my death, I am just trying to complain as less as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Have hard about this woman. 116 year, that is an unbelievable age. It is even said that she is the oldest human in human history, but if I am not mistaken, wasn't there a human who got even 123 years?

Personally, I don't intend to live so long and so in three different centuries. 60 years at the minimum, 70 years at the maximum. The destiny has my whole life in control. Till to my death, I am just trying to complain as less as possible.
    I believe she was just the oldest person alive, not the older person ever. So 123 years may well be the oldest age a person has lived!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kieran1996)
    I believe she was just the oldest person alive, not the older person ever. So 123 years may well be the oldest age a person has lived!
    Somewhere I have read that the highest age a human has ever achieved was 123 years, but could be wrong. Do you think that people get an average age of 100 years in the future?

ReputationRep:
    need that 12th gem
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Molothew)
    'When' is such a horrible word to describe life.

Life shouldn't be valued by how many years one lived. (...)
    Precisely! what is a 116 years old life worth, if this one consisted of pain and sorrow? anyway, why people are competing with life age? dying is not a competition!

ReputationRep:
    Precisely! what is a 116 years old life worth, if this one consisted of pain and sorrow? anyway, why people are competing with life age? dying is not a competition!
    ha I want to live for 5 years longer than you

Somewhere I have read that the highest age a human has ever achieved was 123 years, but could be wrong. Do you think that people get an average age of 100 years in the future?
    I don't see why not, we have so many advances and higher qualities of life now (in "developed countries")

(Original post by Molothew)
    'When' is such a horrible word to describe life.

Life shouldn't be valued by how many years one lived. It should be how those years are exchanged for happiness and change, from discoveries and movements, to moments where one smiles towards a sunset.

The best time to give life value is now.
    I never suggested that the answer to this question was age :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ha I want to live for 5 years longer than you

I don't see why not, we have so many advances and higher qualities of life now (in "developed countries")
    (...)
    Longer than what? longer than 60 or 70 years? I have just named a time span for my life.

If the average age increased, the retirement one surely too. It is very interest to see how the mankind adapt their pension system on that.

ReputationRep:
    Longer than what? longer than 60 or 70 years? I have just named a time span for my life.

If the average age increased, the retirement one surely too. It is very interest to see how the mankind adapt their pension system on that.
    Idk really I was just trying to compete

Hm true. Retirement for me is probably 74, well state pension etc.

I wanna stop working at 50.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    I genuinely want to die in about the year 50,000. Sadly I'm guessing it'll happen much sooner...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I genuinely want to die in about the year 50,000. Sadly I'm guessing it'll happen much sooner...
    In truth I'd happily live forever once I have a house. I am a very easily content person.

Damn just makes you realise 2016 years is nothing.

Only be around for about 12,000 years and humans already have nuclear power to destroy the planet.

Meanwhile dogs still chase their tails. awe
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (...)
    I wanna stop working at 50.
    I would even work till my death, if I have the chance to become a university lecturer one day (and if I don't find a monastery to live the rest of my life out). Abroad would be the best!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.